UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Defines You?

BillyMalc

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a realist - glass is never half full or half empty it's got what it's got in it, sometimes thats enough and sometimes it's not laugh.gif

What defines me? hmmmm I've been through some pretty tough times and experiences, some of which could have broken me and did for shortish periods but I've survived and come through and bits of me are stronger for it and other bits not quite so much *shrugs* I've learned alot from all of them - some things I could happily have lived without knowing but hey ho.

Loyalty is my big thing, I am fiercely loyal, and I do not forgive disloyalty very easily or quickly, for one thing I find it very hard to grasp it as it's so alien to me that I struggle to understand others who switch allegiances on a whim or who would back stab or betray a friend seemingly without thought or pause or for personal benefit.

I like to think I'm a take me as you find me type of person, older I get the easier it gets to say feck em to those who criticise or judge, but I can still be riled & hurt wink.gif

Temper .... can be quick and explosive thats the safest bit a quick snap and all over however ... the long slow stewed temper....that needs to be steered well clear of ... if I fight I fight to win ... if I'm wounded watch out cos I will hit back real hard and real mean and have absolutely no qualms about fighting dirty or choosing a low blow ... I rarely forget anything ... ok scratch "rarely" I NEVER forget anything and I'm patient ...

Once you lose my trust - it's gone for good - my friendship can be won back, my complete trust - probably not.

On the plus side I like to think I am a very good friend, I can be warm and loving and animals seem to like me and trust me, I have a decent if warped sense of humour, and can get along with most people.

Um...I don't know what defines me...I've been told that people find me very aloof and unfriendly but I'm horribly shy and spend so long deciding what to say, that I say nothing! Oh, and I'm posh, apparently, as despite being Yorkshire born and bred I don't have the accent and I live on an ee bye gum type of estate! :laugh: I'm rarely seen without Rosie, and all the dogs who preceded her, so I suppose my dogs define me. Probably.

not sure what defines me!

I am an optimist,I like to see the best things in people and i take everybody at face value until I am proved wrong. I trust people so I am always being walked on. If you destroy my trust then you never get it back. I am stubborn and very pushy when I want to be but I am also easily hurt. :wacko: a peculiar mix. i am passionate about fair play and hate bullying of any sort,I am passionate about kids,animals and old people :wacko: I am a very loyal friend and have many equally loyal friends,some dating back to childhood.I make friends easily but am not heartbroken if I lose a "friend" if its for a valid reason. I hate hurting peoples feelings if I didnt mean to but can be grumpy and scathing if i do mean to be. So some nice....some not so nice!

oh........and I only wear white socks ! :laugh:

The fact that when I talk to others the three words that come out of my mouth most often are Pete :wub: Inca :wub: and Magpie :wub:

Other than that, I reckon probably my forgetfulness, the fact that I'm often joking/playing the fool, my love of wearing my stripey jim-jams and the fact that everything I possess is constantly covered in black dog hair :rolleyes: :laugh:

Im not exactly sure what defines me but I know im extremely stubborn and a perfectionist with my work be it written work or my grooming :laugh:. Well I am a Taurus. Im shy, slow to trust and open myself up to people due to fear of getting hurt but when you have it Im totally loyal. Totally animal obsessive from a young age so Im sure thats helped define who I am as well. Apparently the way I sometimes speak is rather old fashioned so it appears my mind is much older than my body :laugh: I am just me take it or leave it :wink:

i am me..if people don't like it so be it. My friends and family, my animals, they all define me. i am a pessimist, like others i find i get dissapointed a lot less often that way. I am a wuss. I can bite my tongue when someone annoys me..but only for so long then i loose the plot.i have big dreams but nothing ever comes of them.and i excel at nothing, am mostly just average.

I'm a realist - glass is never half full or half empty it's got what it's got in it, sometimes thats enough and sometimes it's not laugh.gif

You sound like an "interesting character" to me :flowers: but this bit particularly rang a bell for me - recently I was using the galss analogy myself & said something similar to someone / tend to use the phrase "that's just how it is"

I would say my morals & values define me.

It's probably why I do what I do job wise.It's probably why I prefer cats (and most animals really) on the whole to people because people are generally quite disappointing.It's probably why I reject those people that can't treat others with respect.It's why friends who can't act like friends get crossed off my friends list very rapidly.It's probably why I end up arguing in the street with people who offend me,the 9 year old yelling that someone was a n*gger this week being a prime example.

I'm quite a solitary person and very happy with my own company but am also very sociable, very practical and usually optimistic about life. I think my life is defined by my animals, my family, my home and my work,all of which show the different sides of me then come together to make up the fabric of my life.

I retired from full time work in 2006 at the age of 60 and moved from a large house to a tiny terrace in a different county to be nearer to family. I now look after the grandchildren part of the week and some holidays, have a new part time job, have my own much loved dogs and cats and foster for a local sanctuary. I've kept old friends and made new ones and feel very blessed to have started all over again as it were.