UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Never Thought It Would Actually Happen But............

celeste

Remember about a month ago I mentioned about getting a 4 year old boy who's owners felt they could no longer give him the attention he needs ? Well, got a call tonight to say he was mine if I still wanted him ! :biggrin:

Obviously I have some reservations now given the Spud situation, but as my friend said, it might be a good thing to stop me obsessing about Spud and making myself ill.

I'll give his owner a phone tomorrow and we'll meet up next week to have a good talk about how to go about it, I'm keen to give him a shot, it will depend entirely on all three of the dogs being happy, if they are I think he'll be very good for my two, Spud especially, who's always missed having a big fatherly figure since Louie died.

Feeling a bit :biggrin: and a bit :unsure:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be sure to get loads of pics, no worries there :biggrin:

They've already met briefly, went pretty much as expected, Spud saying "sod off" and Daisy doing her, I'm a girl don't hurt me, routine, thing with Spud is he does come round once he's figured the dog out.

I'm going to have a long chat with his owner this afternoon about how to proceed, I'm thinking lots of walks together for a couple of weeks and then couple of sleep over's before he moves in, I'm keen to keep this as stress free as poss for all of them, and his owners not in a rush.

This will be my first rescue (although, strictly speaking, he's not a rescue, he's very well cared for and loved in his home ) any tips ?