UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Im Appalled

Rumpole

im in the middle of trying to assist a lady whose house was repossessed yesterday despite her making agreed payments to the mortgage company and being told that the eviction was to be stopped.

the people acting for the building society whom i wont name (just think they were so good with their own money they had to be bailed out by the taxpayer)have thrown out said lady and boarded up her hous with her dogs still inside and crated :ohmy: they have been there for almost 24 hours now and despite the building society trying to assure me that they have dutifully been in and fed and excercised the dogs the neighbours say there has been no one there since the owner left.

apparently the dogs are to be moved to kennels but they will not say where and the lady charged to board them if she wont sign them over for 'disposal'

the owner is heartbroken and suicidal and i am bloody furious she was told that as an agreement had been made the eviction would not go ahead, she wont be able to afford the kennel fees as shes currently on the streets and will be unable to even claim benefits without an address.

i am so bloody angry that they think its ok to just break down a door and board up the house with animals inside

but it has made me wonder how often is this happening and what happens to the dogs whose owners cannot take them immediately?

I would have thought this is very questionable - they may have been given posession of the house but surely NOT the dogs or other contents?

As for it being okay to break down the door etc I'm afraid that had this been my house / dogs that's exactly what I would have done by now!

Perhaps she could also contact the RSPCA, financial ombudsman, the court any hearing must have taken place in, CAB etc for further advice - both re her immediate concern for the dogs & the leaglity of repossession if an arangement had been in place?

Oh my god that is horrendous!

What right do they have to her dogs? How do they have the right to move her dogs and ask her to sign them over? Surely she didn't buy the dogs as part of the house?!!

As for it being okay to break down the door etc I'm afraid that had this been my house / dogs that's exactly what I would have done by now!

Me too.

Surely this should as has been said, be an issue for the RSPCA? How appalling :mecry:

update is the manager of repossessions whom i earlier challenged to look into his own dogs eyes tonight and try to satisfy himself that hes not a murderer has just called me back it seems the dogs are still in the house but that the ladys boss is cashing in her ISA in order to pay off all of the arrears, If so they will be willing to let her go back to her house

ive already lodged a complaint to the rspca and will be taking this further once shes home with the dogs and will also get her some legal help and financial advice.

How many others are they doing this to

eta i am still in the middle of sorting things will update when i know they are all safe

Mel if there is anything I can do to help please shout. If it was me I would move back in the house and still scream loudly to media about this. It's shocking. As you say this has to be stopped. I imagine she'll still be worried when she does move back in incase she gets a knock on her door. I feel desperately sorry for her. This could happen to any of us so easily. If I can help her in any way just let me know. Apart from financially sadly.

shes back in the house :biggrin: the dogs are stressed and had no water and two have been sick i will push my complaint as high as i can both with the building society and the rspca.

have secured financial and housing advice and a probable rental property which will have no problem with the dogs should she need to sell of her own accord if shes unable to meet the future payments.

im also going to contact all the building societies and banks i can think of to ask for their policy regarding dogs or other animals present in houses that are repossessed in writing.

Then i shall be contacting them re how to deal with it properly :rolleyes: