UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Suggestions For Arthritic Dog

BillyMalc

I tried the liquid Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM complex from Holland & Barrett and saw pretty quick and excellent results in both the dogs I am giving it too. It is quite cheap too and often available half price.

Another one which I haven't seen mentioned here is Green Lipped Mussel extract. Good stuff too as it helps with the inflammation!

Vera

She's had greenlipped mussel, and it appeared to help, but once the jar is empty, that's it, her "owner" doesn't think of buying her any more :( For that reason I think I'll be ordering a magnetic collar, as he doesn't need to do anything to keep the benefits of any treatment going :rolleyes:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered Lady's collar on Tuesday. It's still not arrived, but sadly, once it does, she won't be wearing it. Lady died this afternoon while at the vet :mecry: :mecry:

I was about to write a long story, about how she was showing symptoms of illness when her "loving" owner left her with me on Tuesday, and how we tried our very best, with the help of the vet and the animal hospital, to get her better. This morning Lady had X-rays done and she was found needing surgery. It was then discovered that she had a massive tumour in her belly, and we decided that letting her go was the only option :mecry: :mecry: That's it really, there's nothing more to say really.

I've left a message on the owner's mobile's answerphone when Lady was being Xrayed - I've yet to get a reply. For Lady, it doesn't matter anymore tho, she is now finally free of pain. I so wanted that for her to be when she'd be still alive and in a fabulous home, where she'd have gotten the love and care she so deserved. I'm gutted beyond words.

N'night my sweetheart, sweet dreams. Look for Malcolm when you get to Rainbow Bridge, so you'll be together once more :lily: :wub: :wub:

Ladyshaved23052008.jpg

Delamere090208003.jpg

Billy I don't know what to say except to send you a massive cyber hug. Words seem too little to say about her owner but at least Lady's last few days were filled with love and kindness. I can only imagine how you are feeling at this moment.

Sending you all our love

Anne

Thank you all for your support, it really is appreciated :flowers:

The "loving" owner appears to have left his mobile at home when he went on holiday; another neighbour has left a couple of messages on his answerphone as well, urging him to get in touch, and she's not heard anything back yet either... :angry: :(

The collar did arrive yesterday btw, it will be sent back on Monday :mecry: