UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Scruffts

Laura_E

We took Tess along to the Egham Royal Show today for the first heats of Scruffts. Unfortunately, she was only able to enter one category as there was an age limit of 7 years for all the other rounds, but she was obviously eligible for the Golden Oldie class, and she she came first! Which means we are off to Earls Court in November for the grand final!!! elefant.gif

Tess with my Grandma (another Golden Oldie!!)

tess5.jpg

... and finally relaxing at home after a hard day

tess6.jpg

Thanks everyone flowers.gif

I have to admit, when I saw the dogs that were being entered yesterday, I didn't have high hopes for my goregous Heinz 57 girl. It wasn't quite the parade of loveable mutts that I had expected, more like perfectly preened Shitzu and Pomeranian crosses, along with the odd Labradoodle!

I was talking to the lady whose dog won prettiest bitch and she was giving me the low-down on the show, as her dog also got through last year. She said that despite it being a crossbreed fun show, people still take it VERY seriously and even bring their own groomers along to get the dogs ready! rolleyes.gif

When I told my friends about this they found it hilarious and have said that I am going to end up like one of those 'pushy mums from a channel 5 documentary'! laugh.gif