UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tessie - My Elderly Staffie *Update, Very Sad News :-(*

TaraMoochi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

flowers.gif Thank you for the kind messages x

I saw Tessie this morning when Tinky went in for her dental, and it was not good - Tessie wasn't moving much, on a drip and looked really not good at all. I was distraught mecry.gif

Good news this afternoon though, I picked Tinky up, who is a little grogy but still managed to bark the whole time after she came round in the recovery ward!

I got to take Tessie out into the gorgous sunshine on her drip, she walked a tiny bit, and slept in the sunshine, I think it was really good for her, and while she is still not very well at all, it was a big improvement from this morning - my heart leapt that she looked up and recognised me, even if she didn't have the strength to get excited.

Everything crossed for her being even better tomorrow, and thank you for the reiki and kind thoughts & prayers xx

flowers.gif Thank you again for the kind thoughts - good news I think today!

We haven't got the blood tests back yet, but that aside, Tessie ate today, and quite a bit! (she was also allowed a few laps of tea which she really enjoyed) wub.gif

I sat with her for 2 hours in the vet garden where again she mostly slept, but this time when she woke, she was interested in the food I brought for her, her eyes were brighter and her ears up - she looked more like my Tessie sleeping, that my Tessie too weak to get up (although she is still very weak of course).

The vet nurse said when they did the initial blood tests, usually on an older dog, the tests show up weak organs, but apart from a little weaker pancreas, her organs were fine - which shows she is a strong girlie!

I can't get too excited, as there is still a fair way to go, but I am so elated after seeing the progress; each day on the drip she is getting better - at least hopefully I will sleep better tonight! xx