UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Merlin & Ellie

Mrs Mop

Merlin started to have water problems so took him to the vet, after several tests and a course of antibiotics he still wasn't right so he had a scan. Merlin is in the early stages of renal failure, he is going for another scan on Friday to see what the changes are.

As you know Ellie has a tracheotomy in, this doesn't stop her, she is still a normal dog. This was put in in January when 2 lumps were taken off her back. Since then Ellie has had another 4 lots of lumps taken off, the last today. Every one has been a mass cell tumour.

I don't know how long Ellie can carry on with this and I am worried sick so had a good talk with the vet yesterday as it is only 3 weeks since the last one was taken off. Stuart said that they can do tests to see if she has cancer anywhere but his experience they are not reliable and dosn't recommend them. The time to do tests i when they are needed and not put her through anything more until then. Even if they find something, there is very little they can do.

Not sure how long I can cope with Ellie having so many lumps taken off but they can't stay on to grow. At the moment she is happy and full of life but each time a lump is taken off, it will affect her.

Thankfully Joe seems to be stable and Gracie is still a pain in the butt but still going strong at 17 years old.

I have been missing posts I shouldn't, now you know why and will probably continue to miss them for some time, please forgive me if I do, my mind is on other things, my sick dogs.