UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Harlequin Good Thoughts Appreciated Please.

kats n greys

After yet another visit to our vet, we'd appreciate some good thoughts for Harlequin :wub:

She's had a stroke and she's also been diagnosed as hyperthyroid so we are starting her tonight on the 1st of her course of tablets that she will be on for the rest of her life (adding a tablet to treat her various symptoms :worried: ), wish us luck as she's almost impossible to give tablets to (and we aren't suppose to stress her further :ohmy: )

Kitten1906116a.jpg

She's very pretty :wub:

Sending, be well thoughts her way

It is a real pain trying to get some cats to take tablets, our Bridge cat Monty was one of the worst, he'd start frothing at the mouth at the merest hint of a tablet, I got round it by crushing tablets and mixing it in Dairylea spread and smearing it on his leg.

Lots of good wishes for Harlequin. My cat Solace had the same condition, and with the help of our vets we kept the old boy going for years. The thyroid function has to be checked from time to time to see if the medication needs increasing. We used Philadelphia cheese for the tabs.

Thanks for your thoughts, didn't want to resort to the pill popper (in case we gave her a heart attack with stress)

Harlequin is doing ok with tablets at the moment last nights was in tuna, tonight's in a teaspoon of similar, well it was the 2nd one that she finally took her tablet

She's very wobbly and her eyes are wobbly too, but she's a fighter and we'll support her all the way.

That's a photo from a year or so ago, she's a lot more fragile now.

She's telling me off everytime I go in, she's separated from the rest to give her peace and as Kai is a bully :(