UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ironing Instructions

reds

Label says "Wash inside out". Easy enough. Same label then says "Iron on reverse". Now I get stuck.

If iron on reverse means inside out then why not say "iron inside out" like they did for the previous instruction? Hence little me thinks "on reverse" must therefore mean iron on the back side. I'm strongly suspecting however that I am wrong!! Help?!

Whoever invented ironing was in league with the devil. I also admit that I never read washing instructions on labels - what's all those circles and triangles supposed to mean :wacko: I wash everything at 40 degrees except for delicates and jumpers :unsure:

What thing is it you are ironing cos to me it sounds like iron inside out as well, not that I have been any help either :)

I congratulate you on reading the label cos I never do and everything always gets thrown in the washing machine together :laugh:

I think it does mean inside out. Is it something with a picture on or a delicate fabric. It prevents a shine or you running over wording and destroying it. I only know this cos I have done both in ze past.

I find it funny that 3 flunkies have turned up in a domestic goddess type thread offering advice. :laugh:

Edited by Jacobean

iron on reverse mean that - so if it's a t-shirt you iron on the back....so if the transfer is going to come off it does so onto the ironing board.

Don't iron inside out cause if the transfer comes off...it will come off onto the back of your t-shirt.

Other options are to use a towel or t-towel and iron that on top of said item.

But I'm with one-eyed-dog and my cleaner is very sad to not having lots of items to iron!

xxx

(hmm just read your last post - I'd stick a pillow case or something over the top and iron the item underneath it)

Edited by murtle

I am another that never reads labels. I wash everything at 30 degrees,pop it into the tumbler and hang it or fold it while its still warm. Instantly ironed. :rolleyes: I don't even know where the iron is.............................probably in my son's room because he irons his own clothes. x

I havnt ireoned in over 7 years .... I pay someone to iron mine :laugh: I do know that iron reverside means lay t-shirt flat on board, and iron the back of the t-shirt and no where else. I also know if you take your washing out of the tumble dryer when its still warm, shake it, smooth it down and fold it, you dont need to iron at all :laugh: