UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abby, I'm sure its free if you get married? I desperately need to do mine but I can't afford it yet! We're going away in 10 weeks too!

No, sadly, it's not. I took over 5 years to change my passport when I got married - I waited until it was running out anyway. Not really a problem - just have to remember to book tickets in your maiden name. I changed everything else - oh, apart from my driving licence which I still haven't got round to. It never caused any problems and it's pretty common for women not to change everything over at the same time.

Abby, I'm sure its free if you get married? I desperately need to do mine but I can't afford it yet! We're going away in 10 weeks too!

Sadly not :rolleyes: I checked the passport site and it is definitely £72. Plus you only get 9months of your remaining passport time carred over, so I lose at least 2 years. Hey ho.

We are having bacon butties and coffee soon :biggrin:

No, sadly, it's not. I took over 5 years to change my passport when I got married - I waited until it was running out anyway. Not really a problem - just have to remember to book tickets in your maiden name. I changed everything else - oh, apart from my driving licence which I still haven't got round to. It never caused any problems and it's pretty common for women not to change everything over at the same time.

I never changed any of it, I kept my name. I tell Mark I'm preparing for a quicky divorce, it keeps him on his toes. :D

Don't know if you know but there is an online raffle on the Greyhound Gap forum to raise kennels funds. The tickets are £1.00 each and the prizes are:

1 week's holiday at a dog friendly cottage in Cornwall. Botternel Farm Cottages http://www.dogs-holiday.co.uk

1 week's holiday at a dog friendly cottage in Pembrokeshire, Wynn's Cottage http://www.littledumpledale.co.uk

1 year's subscription to Dogs Today donated by DT

Some Laughing Dog stationery.

There is also Grand Holiday Auction coming soon.

I have bought tickets for the little Fiat car via Oldlies Club. Someone stayed in the chapel next door to us recently and had one and it was so cute and dinky I really want to win it. How I think we shall fit two dogs and a cellar full of booze from Bookers in it I have no idea, but it was cute, so who cares? :laugh:

But then, I never win these things anyway so I will try not to pin my hopes on it... :rolleyes:

I think it depends on your shoes? I run in Saloman trail running shoes that came with elastic lacing and I love them! Just bought a pair to covert my cycling shoes over so I don't spend ages in transition trying to tie my laces :rolleyes:

Have you got a first race in mind then? I'm going for a sprint distance at the end of August :wacko:

I might get a pair to see how I get on. I sometimes have to tie my trainers oddly at the top to keep my heel from slipping and it's that I'm wondering about. But if I can find a pair of trainers it works ok with I can keep them for racing. I've got cycling shoes with a velcro strap which works for me! They are 2nd hand and don't fit very well but I plan on getting more serious about cycling next year so it can all wait until I get a road bike then.

I'm doing a 10k in about 6 weeks, and I'm hopefully doing an 8-10 miler early dec. It's on a tank training course at an army barracks so they'll be lots of mud and deep puddles to go through too.

i'm aiming for a half marathon first half of next year with maybe some sprint distance tris. Poss. look to do a marathon back end of next year or longer tris but no real races in mind yet.

I have made up my mind to do an ironman before I'm 35 though (I'm 32 now).

Should add that I am very unfit still and need to put in some serious work but I'm the type of person that needs these big aims (with smaller ones in between) to actually get off my arse and do the work.

Edited by khanu

I have bought tickets for the little Fiat car via Oldlies Club. Someone stayed in the chapel next door to us recently and had one and it was so cute and dinky I really want to win it. How I think we shall fit two dogs and a cellar full of booze from Bookers in it I have no idea, but it was cute, so who cares? :laugh:

But then, I never win these things anyway so I will try not to pin my hopes on it... :rolleyes:

Abby my sister has one that she loves but only has to fit one child and one dog in it. I really like them too and have bought my raffle tickets via Greyhound Gap. I had an email from them the other day and from memory I think 6,500 tickets have been sold so far to benefit nearly 400 charities.

Hen party in Liverpool on Sat night dressed as hippies, hence the need for white boots....!

White boots - no, no, no....hippies had barefeet with grimey toenails or flat sandals - maybe paint a flower on your foot and wear some toe rings.

Sadly not :rolleyes: I checked the passport site and it is definitely £72. Plus you only get 9months of your remaining passport time carred over, so I lose at least 2 years. Hey ho.

We are having bacon butties and coffee soon :biggrin:

I haven't changed mine for the same reason - cost! Plus I have no plans to go anywhere at the moment. But I didn't know the last part of time carried over!! Thanks for that.

Abby my sister has one that she loves but only has to fit one child and one dog in it. I really like them too and have bought my raffle tickets via Greyhound Gap. I had an email from them the other day and from memory I think 6,500 tickets have been sold so far to benefit nearly 400 charities.

Well, that's lovely for the charities involved but a tad too much competition for my liking :laugh:

Yet again I am sat on my booty being knackered when the kitchen is calling out for me to go WORK. Rhubarb and Strawberry crumble, here I come.....