UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Loose Dogs - Horrid Afternoon - Sorry, An Upset Rant

ReikiAnge

Sorry for the rant, have had a horrid afternoon.

We went into town earlier and as Rob was waiting outside the bank with M-M, found out that someone's dog had gone missing from their office :( I gave them the details of doglost and we got details of the dog and spent ages walking around town etc. looking, with no luck. Checked at their office before we left town and no-one seemed to be there, so I think they were still out looking. Really hope they found her safely.

Then on the way home, we were just about to turn at a mini roundabout when we notice a lurcher is loose up ahead :ohmy: She walks into the road, which was scary enough, but this bl**dy great lorry, which I'm sure MUST have seen her, is approaching from the right and driving straight at her, with no intention of stopping! God I feel sick just rethinking that moment. I was swearing horribly at him and Rob started beeping his horn like crazy and thank god, somehow the lorry didn't hit the dog. We got round the roundabout and stopped as soon as we could and I jumped out and went after her.

I approached her cautiously and calmly but she was too wary to come to me and there was nowhere on my side of the road to try to guide her into but thankfully as she crossed back over the road, the cars around had the sense to stop and a couple of other people appeared to help. She went into the front garden of a property and one of the women knew her and got her to go to her, so I slipped the slip lead I'd grabbed from my bag on her, so she was secure.

Turns out she lived at the property next door, so we took her there and they eventually came to the door and didn't seem to even realise she was missing :huh: I told her the dog had very nearly been killed (I don't know how she wasn't tbh) and the woman was making a few excuses. Another woman who had come to help told us that the dog had been seen out at night too. I'm afraid with that and the excuses I got a little upset and angry at that point and told her the dog was her responsibility and she needed to make sure she was safe, that I had almost watched her dog being killed and that for the dog's sake she needed to make sure it didn't happen again. She seemed like a nice enough person but I really don't want to find her poor dog mashed on the road next time.

I walked off and broke down :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: She was a beautiful dog. Really hope that they'll heed the warning and make sure she is safe in future.

I know accidents happen and dogs get out (been there once before with Max and it was a horrid half hour) and I have lots of sympathy for that. It's when people know their dogs can get out and do nothing to stop it and let it happen again and again that it upsets me :( I've previously had to stop traffic on that roundabout to take another dog home to a pub and he was blimmin lucky too.

That must have been so frightening, I'm not surprised you were upset. It sounds as though the lurcher had a very lucky escape - I only hope they take your warning to heart and do something to stop her roaming again, some people really don't deserve dogs :(

I hope the missing dog is found too :GroupHug:

Thank you, I've calmed down with the help of some tea, RR and homeopathy.

I think it was luck/the universe that saved her life, given the amount of traffic around at the time, but thank goodness she was ok. I did wonder about dropping a note round, not to have a go but to calmly try to get them to understand how lucky she was today.

Phebe, if the other dog doesn't appear on doglost over the w/end, I'll try to find out early next week for sure that they found the dog ok. We could have done with Wispa's dog-seeking skills today I think!

:GroupHug: for you Ange

Hope the lost dog is found safe n sound

tbh I think people like that woman don't take heed at all,

they need animals removing, being slapped and then steralised

so they dont breed them frigging selves :grrr: :grrr:

I really detest people that ate careless, stupid and

cant think beyond the remote control

thats my rant over with too

:GroupHug: Ange, I always tell people that a loose dog can not only be killed on the road they can cause a serious accident were adults and children can be killed they they will be sued for not having control over their dogs.

It can be difficult for a lorry to stop quickly, the bigger it is the harder it is to stop, I know from when I am towing the caravan I can't put the brakes on hard, if I did I would be risking my own life. I couldn't swerve either because the caravan would turn over if I swerved enough to miss a dog. Thankfully I have never been in this position and I hope I never am because I don't know what I would do.

Phebe, if the other dog doesn't appear on doglost over the w/end, I'll try to find out early next week for sure that they found the dog ok. We could have done with Wispa's dog-seeking skills today I think!

Thanks Ange.

Phebe, good news, I went into the office that the first dog went missing from, earlier, and the dog was found!! :biggrin: She was handed into the police station and they got her back from there. So well done to whoever found her and to the police for taking her in :)