UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Michael Jackson Dies - Discussion Thread

chickentikka

I don't have strong feelings either way. I think he was damaged and if he wasn't famous, would have had far more psychiatric care but if I walk into another shop that has his music playing, turn on the TV to find another tribute programme or turn on the radio and hear yet another song I may well bang my head on a wall, hard.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if I walk into another shop that has his music playing, turn on the TV to find another tribute programme or turn on the radio and hear yet another song I may well bang my head on a wall, hard.

D'accord. My son can now say "oh, ffs!" because he heard me say it in the van as yet another MJ song came on. Sigh..

frankly-he meant nothing to me alive...and nothing when dead.

i hope those who loved him come out the other side of grief.

personally i found what little i did see of him in the last 20 years disturbing-a little like watching a slow motion car crash.

fee

I haven't seen any of them but noticed various channels on Freeview showing music, tributes or whatever including on ITV2 "The Michael Jackson Story". It was due to be shown on ITV last night (not sure whether it was, as I think it had possibly already been on once either the day before or in the early hours) but whatever is the case on that an hour later when I tried to switch over & watch the programme on ITV2+1 there was just a message showing that they could not show the programme shown earlier for legal reasons. What reasons I obviousdly don't know but it seems that dead or not the lawyers are still watching for something

Ian, I think that it may be more to do with licensing. That message often appears and I have always assumed that they only paid to show the programme once and so couldn't show again on the +1.

Yes, it is to do with the licensing rights for the programme. It has happened with other programmes.

Like quite a few people i have also grown up with his music.. and have loved that and always will esp his thriller how many times did i try and dance like those zombies..

His allegations were cleared, but many said because he couldnt stand the stress and paid out of court.. but if their was rumours i never understood why parents would allow kids to go their if they feared this.. and like so many have said, if it was your child, wouldnt you pursue to the end of the earth rather than grab the money, and hasnt just recently one of the childs fathers has said nothing happened.

Feel sorry, bad childhood and then he was an adult, he got stuck in the childs world and saw everything like a child.. feel so sad that no matter how much money he had he had yes people around him and no one to help him really..

Would have loved to see him at o2 next month..

RIP MJ the peter pan of pop.

His allegations were cleared, but many said because he couldnt stand the stress and paid out of court.. but if their was rumours i never understood why parents would allow kids to go their if they feared this.. and like so many have said, if it was your child, wouldnt you pursue to the end of the earth rather than grab the money, and hasnt just recently one of the childs fathers has said nothing happened.

I think there are very few people who know for sure and one of them just died.

You would think you'd want to see things through in court rather than settling, but perhaps weighing up dragging your child through all of that, in a case you perhaps felt you'd have little chance of "winning" against being given a huge amount of money from which to rebuild your child and family's life - it doesn't seem so clearcut to me then. I know money doesn't buy happiness but IMO it can certainly help hugely. I wouldn't have let a child spend time with him unsupervised though.

Of course there's the possibility MJ might have been innocent and these people money grabbers.

I used to love his music when I was younger and was gutted not to have been able to take the chance to see him live in the UK many years ago, when I was offered it. I've felt uncomfortable about enjoying listening to his music for some time though, I find it impossible to listen to it without thinking of the accusations.

It's just said on the news that his body is going on view at the Never Land ranch so his "fans" can say goodbye. How utterly ridiculous - where's the dignity in that? Just shows how the people around him, including his family, are intent on squeezing the last bit of publicity and fame out of him - no wonder he was strange!

It's just said on the news that his body is going on view at the Never Land ranch so his "fans" can say goodbye. How utterly ridiculous - where's the dignity in that? Just shows how the people around him, including his family, are intent on squeezing the last bit of publicity and fame out of him - no wonder he was strange!

tha'ts more a reflection on the weirdness of his fans, whom are mourning him like their deceased messiah

Edited by krusewalker

His father, who by MJ's own account physically abused him when he was young, is really getting on my nerves over this whole thing.

This particularly touched a nerve (quote taken from this article):

He [MJ]said he became so scared of Joe he would vomit when he saw him. Mr Jackson later dismissed the claims, declaring: 'Yeah. He regurgitates all the way to the bank.' He disputed the claims of abuse, adding: 'I whipped him with a switch and a belt. I never beat him. You beat someone with a stick.'

No wonder MJ was so messed up, when he had to grow up with that pathetic excuse for a man as a father :angry:

His father, who by MJ's own account physically abused him when he was young, is really getting on my nerves over this whole thing.

No wonder MJ was so messed up, when he had to grow up with that pathetic excuse for a man as a father :angry:

Agree with you there. I do hope MJ's accounts of his own childhood abuse will be taken into account when the court decides who to award custody of MJ's children to.

I think he had very strong paedophile tendencies and for that reason I hated him !! :mad: If he had not been famous and "bought off" his accusers he would have been in jail. x

But, if he had been born to a different family and never become famous, had normal people around him and a normal everyday kind of life, then I think it's entirely possible he would never have felt or expressed those tendencies - if he did. He might have become a normal loving husband and father.

I dunno. There are people in the world who have had life harder than him and come out as good strong people, and there are certainly plenty of people who have to put up with much worse.

On the other hand, if you beat the child and treat him monstrously, then when he grows up to be a monster it's not entirely unexpected.

I don't like his music, myself, I think he was probably a bit of a twit in personality, and with his money and influence he could have achieved so much more than he did. But I can't help feeling sorry for him as well.