UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Caffery Our Eternal Puppy Has Gone To The Bridge

Cafferysmum

083.jpg

Sadly the tumour was aggressive and we were shocked at the xrays.. it nearly covered his snout and was on its way to his brain.

We got a phone call from the vets to go down and chat and at first we said no we would bring him home but we sad in the car and cried our hearts out and walked back in and said as long as we can be with him even if he is drowsy, we would let him go. Yesterday morning on way to vets he had a major nose bleed and it was hard to stop and this was one of the deciding factors in letting him go to Rainbow Bridge... plus he doesnt do vets!! so we knew if we brought him home and that stressed him out, then going back to vets would defo stress him even more, so now he was drowsy, we cuddled him and took in his favourite bagpuss toy and he lifted his head onto it.

We kissed him and told him we loved him and to go and find Rosie Buttons..

Caffery was 14 and came to us in July and came to our wedding, he was from Manchester Dogs Home one of their fosters and we paid £25 for him.

He saved our lives and avoided getting us poisoned with carbon monoxide and won best pet of the year at a supermarket.

He loved dog shows, no matter what, and he had big dopey eyes that would melt your heart.. in fact Sunday before last he won best obedient dog and has won alsorts of firsts in dog shows..from greatest oldie to puppy when he was younger..

Other day in park he had a fantastic time and swim and we had hope...

We love you with all our hearts Caffery but we knew that things would get worse and you deserved more than that, we have had so much fun together, and you nudging me to get me out of bed... but last night I saw the signs, you were cuddled up with the other collies and it was like you was saying goodbye and was very restless tonight.

The vet said the nosebleeds would prob cause more of a problem than anything else as you were becoming aneamic...but you still had get up and go even tho your legs were going wonky...

Bye bye our eternal puppy, till we meet again, go and meet up with Rosie Buttons at Rainbow Bridge and cause mayhem...

Your heartbroken family, xxxxx :GroupHug: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

Oh no! :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: I am so so sorry Karen :GroupHug: I am sure that Caffery knew how much he was loved and that he enjoyed every minute that he was with you. You obviously meant as much to him as he meant to you....

Sleep tight gorgeous Caffery, until you meet again :wub:

My heart goes out to you Karen, and all of your family :GroupHug:

I have lurked and read and hoped and prayed that things would come right and I'm so very very sorry :mecry:

Caffery went to The Bridge in peace, without pain knowing how much you loved and cared for him :GroupHug: