UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Growing Veg In Pots On The Patio

houndzrus

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The potatoes went in ages ago so now I shall just remove the stingers from the veggie plot plus a large horse and then I shall begin.

:laugh:

Sadly, no horses here :rolleyes: I'm sure the peas and beans have doubled in size since I got them last Thursday :unsure: :unsure:

They haven't found mine yet :unsure:

keep hiding them :mecry:

they have anhilated the veggies I bought - but the strawberrys are still ok as I knew they'd attack those I've put copper stuff round the bottom of the pot.

Now I need to put slug stuff round every plant in the garden :( as they have eaten the asters, the fuschia, the aqualegia, etc....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

snails I don't mind lifting and moving, slugs I can't stand.....slimey :huh:

sorry for the early morning grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's

They ate a fuchsia? And aquilegias? Bloomin' eck. Keep those slugs over your way, I don't want to meet them!

My beans have been nibbled a bit, but I'm hoping they will be able to grow upwards fast enough to overcome the nibbling.

Have just put more peas in the veggie plot today. We have cabbages, lettuce, runner beans, peas and tomatos so far. Popping the caulis in tomorrow as it has started to rain :rolleyes:

Ooh my peas have taken brilliantly Kazz. Thank you :biggrin:

Yesterday I planted Jalapeno peppers, cherry tomatoes, normal tomatoes and basil. I need to get more compost to plant out squash and more lettuce.

I just hope that some of them grow enough to eat as I am brilliant at killing green things :rolleyes:

keep hiding them :mecry:

they have anhilated the veggies I bought - but the strawberrys are still ok as I knew they'd attack those I've put copper stuff round the bottom of the pot.

Now I need to put slug stuff round every plant in the garden :( as they have eaten the asters, the fuschia, the aqualegia, etc....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

snails I don't mind lifting and moving, slugs I can't stand.....slimey :huh:

sorry for the early morning grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's

sprinkle sand round the base of plants and also plant Chrysanthemums interspersed. Slugs hate grit and Chrysanthemums are poisonous to slugs and snails.

Not quite growing stuff but today I made my 1st Baileys from the vodka base I made. Im also making Lager out of the stingers in my veggie plot.

I have a recipe for the old horse but I would quite miss Jack :wub: I guess he will have to stick around.

sprinkle sand round the base of plants and also plant Chrysanthemums interspersed. Slugs hate grit and Chrysanthemums are poisonous to slugs and snails.

Not quite growing stuff but today I made my 1st Baileys from the vodka base I made. Im also making Lager out of the stingers in my veggie plot.

I have a recipe for the old horse but I would quite miss Jack :wub: I guess he will have to stick around.

oh I didn't know that - will definitely buy some Chrysanthemums and plant them everywhere possible.

I am fascinated by your knowledge - thank you

xxx

oh I didn't know that - will definitely buy some Chrysanthemums and plant them everywhere possible.

I am fascinated by your knowledge - thank you

Thank you but its just bits and pieces you pick up over the years. Im sure I would be equally amazed at stuff you know about your life.

Old fashioned flea spray and anti bug powder is made from Chrysanthemums. Im just old enough to know thats all.

xxx

Thanks for the tip :flowers:

Andrea and Kazz, I have most of those veggies too, but in very small amounts. I'm hoping my planting bags will come tomorrow, so I can get some more seeds in. :biggrin: (Pity I'm back at work tomorrow though :angry: )

My neighbours are taking the mick, calling us "the good life" :laugh: Had a bit of luck though, as our neighbour was taking down a small brick wall so we had the old bricks to smash up for drainage in my trough. I feel greener already :wink:

Edited by houndzrus

Thanks for the tip :flowers:

Andrea and Kazz, I have most of those veggies too, but in very small amounts. I'm hoping my planting bags will come tomorrow, so I can get some more seeds in. :biggrin: (Pity I'm back at work tomorrow though :angry: )

My neighbours are taking the mick, calling us "the good life" :laugh: Had a bit of luck though, as our neighbour was taking down a small brick wall so we had the old bricks to smash up for drainage in my trough. I feel greener already :wink:

Mine are in very small amounts to Marge. Nothing stopping you replanting every few weeks to keep then replenished. :wink:

Maybe Trallwm farm (Lesley?) ;) more interesting hearing it from someone, sticks in the mind better too so thank you :flowers:

Another question - does anyone know what this is?

IMG_7248.jpg

Is it spiders??

Edited by murtle