UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

In The Night Garden

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh ooohh oooooooh there is a squigg program

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/getsquiggling/

of course I think I should check out these programs before I expose my little person to them

Mr Tumble is a character in "Something Special". It's Justin dressed as a clown. http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/somethingspecial/

If you have a look at the cbeebies website you can usually get a preview of the programmes and see what looks ok.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/

Thanks for the warning , I don't think I want to watch that

would rather watch the farty air balloon in the Garden with pacamac and the blue chap

I have no kids and no contact with them but ive watched this thread for sheer entertainment value of Sam trying to get her head round iggle piggle :laugh: That link is comical, although having never seen a kids programme for about 14 years (Rosie and Jim when my neice was 4 and now she is 18) I have no idea what these programmes are really about

Looks like we were wrong about PC Plum and Miss Hoolie, Cheryl :laugh:

A friend thought that PC Plum and Miss Hoolie stepped out together once the cameras stopped rolling, but I think that he'd rather be heading to Archie's for a cuppa, if you know what I mean.
Edited by dirtychicken

being a childrens nanny for many long years meant that I had to watch all sorts of strage kiddies programmes but I must admit that I do like Justin. :biggrin: Lots of the kiddies learned to hand sign (polite ones) from his programmes and he is always happy, smiling and kind which gives the kids a good lead. He is probably a real old grouch in real life but its good for little ones to listen to easy stories with morals and courtesy in them. x

Arrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh I hate Mr Tumble :angry: I want to slap him with a wet fish repeatedly around his rubbery curmudgeoning face :angry: It's not just Mr Tumble, it's the real bloke behind it, Justin :angry: Nobody smiles that much. Ever. I'd slap that smile of his smug face for fecking good :angry:

And breeeeeeeeeeeeeeathe.........

I couldn't have said it better myself... he is so happy he must be on drugs :rolleyes:

My friends little boy loves this. I spent last christmas trying to find an Iggle Piggl!

I find it slightly more entertaining than Mr.Tumble who I hate and my saviour these days is good old Fireman Sam. I was delighted last time he came for lunch and we got to watch that instead of Oopsy Daisy and her mates :biggrin:

Ooh dont start on fireman sam and the length of his hose because Dibs will be off on a quest.

I think we should have a Grandmothers group on here because obviously most of the parents have no imagination and sit the kids in front of horrendous tv programmes all day.

We could have a child walk on Ogmore beach and have feathers in our hair whilst making whooping noises.

With the aid of a long rope we could attempt to catch Moby Dick using kiddy bait and start bomfires to dy them out afterwards when the tide recedes enough to find them again.

Oh yes Grandmother knows best :flowers:

Something Special - totally briliant especially as the Munchkin (no 1) has a language difficulty. If we didn't have Justin to help teach him signing we'd have a frustrated, screaming little boy. I can cope with Mr Tumble for that very reason.

I think I am going to take a look at this, I rather fancy having a go at learning Makaton

what a wonderful use of childerns telly