UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Rmf

snow

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm home from work :biggrin: I actually left at 4pm but when I got home, chucked the boys in the car and went up to the Downs for a walk :biggrin:

Here's a rubbish mobile phone photo of what we were watching from work earlier

footiefans.jpg

:unsure:

reminds me of the fun i had for many years following liverpool home and away... although i think there were a few more of us than that :laugh:

Funnily enough its similar to the view out of my window sometimes

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I wouldnt mind that many plods outside my office window purely for the perv factor

Bugger. The budgie that Fee4 brought up to me after she rescued him has just been making a right racket flapping around the cage and annoying his mate Billy... and now is looking very poorly indeed, all of a sudden. He's still whistling but isn't looking right at all, very unbalanced... I know he's fairly old but no idea of his actual age and I'm not sure if he's ok and mucking around or getting old... although he is lifting up one leg as if he's injured it (he was fine just now!!) I'm hoping its a strain. Poor Fred :(

:unsure:

Doglost had to venture into being Foxlost today as I stood in the road and prevented a baby fox from being roadkill...fortunately all the traffic stopped at the sight of the mad woman in Doglost uniform waving like a maniac. :laugh:

I have a munched finger and The Fox Project have a 3 week old cub. He was guarded all day long by lots of Policemen at the Police Handlers show at leeds castle until he could be gotten to The Fox Project (flipping brilliant charity - absolute stars for taking him in)

Good job :flowers:

At ten weeks they can take your finger off

Good job :flowers:

At ten weeks they can take your finger off

:unsure: really? oooh i'm glad it was a baby... it didn't half munch me! The police at the show threatened me with their Medic, whose policy was to send all animal bites to hospital. I went to the castle medics, who cleaned up the hole and disinfected me and sent me on my way a plaster and then went on to boast to the police medic that they'd now had two more injuries than they did and the only fox bite of the show :wacko:

Helly, hope the cocker is ok :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: for poorly laydees and georgia. Where are the pics of her nooo shoes Cheryl?

Alex, can you not put a guard so that Timmy cant get to the belts/upholstery? Is the dog guard for behind the back seats:GroupHug:

I offered a railway mans jacket on freecycle. One of the replys was from a man whose friend is disabled and is mad on trains. We got chatting, turns out I used to look after the man when I worked at the home when I was 17! hes 60 next month, this man has invited me to his birthday meal to meet him again

aawwwwww

How lovely! :biggrin: Sorry to hear you are struggling today. Can you get some food in that is easy to prepare for when you are having your worse days? :GroupHug:

Julesb, I hope you had another G&T! :GroupHug:

I had a little cry of happiness this afternoon. My beautiful PDSA rescue girly has done her time at the Barn and has gone to what is - hopefully - her perfect forever home. To think that she'd have died that afternoon if I hadn't been a nosy trout :blush: and if Fi hadn't offered to help her :mecry: Be very happy, beautiful Molly :wub:

MollySoph.jpg

Fabulous news! Well done to you too! :flowers:

Bugger. The budgie that Fee4 brought up to me after she rescued him has just been making a right racket flapping around the cage and annoying his mate Billy... and now is looking very poorly indeed, all of a sudden. He's still whistling but isn't looking right at all, very unbalanced... I know he's fairly old but no idea of his actual age and I'm not sure if he's ok and mucking around or getting old... although he is lifting up one leg as if he's injured it (he was fine just now!!) I'm hoping its a strain. Poor Fred :(

Poor Fred. :GroupHug:

Molly is :wub:

That poor child, that's a proper big kiss with tongues :laugh: :laugh:

Well done on saving the fox cub SB, most people would not have stopped. I hope your hand is not too sore :flowers:

RMF: We are having spag bol and it's about 15 minutes away yet and I'm staaaaarving.

:unsure: really? oooh i'm glad it was a baby... it didn't half munch me! The police at the show threatened me with their Medic, whose policy was to send all animal bites to hospital. I went to the castle medics, who cleaned up the hole and disinfected me and sent me on my way a plaster and then went on to boast to the police medic that they'd now had two more injuries than they did and the only fox bite of the show :wacko:

Im afraid im with the plods on this one. Any of my staff get dog bites and i clean it up and send them to the walk in centre for a short course of anti biotics. Too many bacteria in animals mouths to take the chance :flowers:

I thought jacket spud was an easy one, but anything thats heavier than a feather is too much for me these days, im finding the hard way.

I got to eat that one, it nearly went the same way, just got it back before it went off the plate.

I have a diet coke and a box of malteesers, and im not afraid to consume them :biggrin:

I have just had some very good news, I might just divulge tomrrow afternoon when its happened :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ive never owned an epileptic dog so all suggestions are most welcome. Ive had epileptic dogs in boarding who are on meds and have an established routine, and had the occasional fit but never before a dog that the owners were not aware of a problem. Becky has been with us about 4 times before, for between 1 and 2 weeks and is usually typical boingy cocker. She always drags her owner up the path and races into the kennel so she doesnt seemed stressy but maybe once she is in that changes. I think drowsy would be good for her right now because it cant be much fun being away from home and feeling like crap. The fits are still only small, maybe 2 mins at the most and so far 18 hours apart. Im taking each day as it comes for now and see what happens next.

We currently have 6 epi dogs here so if you need any advice or just a sympathetic ear I am more than happy to give you our number. Good luck with managing her till her folks get home. Fingers crossed that they take the news well when they return. The guardian angels link someone posted earlier is worth passing on to the owners when they get back and there are a lot of other useful links all together on the epilepsy resources page on our forum that might be of some help to them or to you.