UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hmmmm Interesting Walk With Friends Today!

tegk68

Hello wendbert, reikiange, lil angel, toddsmum and elaine. Just wanted to let you all know that Bert and I are back home and have dried out! Bert is completely knackered though but absolutely fine :flowers: .

Was lovely to see you all and many apologies for the rapid wet exit :unsure:

Thank god for that walker who alerted us to a drowning labrador floating, or rather panicing like a mad thing, further and further downstream with the current :mecry:

Not often you want your dog to be put off something for life BUT I really am hoping that Bert never decides to go in the water again. It is clearly not his 'thing'!

Total walk spend:

1 x canon eos digital camera - £500

1 x canon lens - £120

1 x mobile phone - £100

1 x posh leather lead - £17

1 x parking ticket (just to add insult to injury!!!) :dry: - £80

1 x packet of marlboro lights (probably not a bad thing :rolleyes: and thank god for Wendy and her emergency smokes!)

£823!!!

I am hopeful that maybe some will recover after a night in the airing cupboard. Fingers crossed. Anyway whatever, Bert's still with me and he's definately worth every penny and more :wub:

Hope you all had a good lunch and found some shelter! What was with the weather?! :unsure:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, I do hope some of them dry out and work ok!

We had hail, snow and rain on the way back from the pub and only my bra and socks remained dry.

Bert - you can't help but love him :wub:

Will your contents insurance cover it?

Edited by elainew

It was erm, slightly eventful wasn't it! Thank goodness Bert was ok :GroupHug:

Hopefully your insurance will cover the camera and lens? Can't believe you got a ticket to add to everything! :( Try appealing on the grounds of a canine emergency!

Aside from the incident and the weather, it was lovely to see you all today, M-M says thank you for joining us on her gotcha day walk :flowers:

Will look at my photos shortly and see if I have any decent ones.

M-M wasn't impressed with the rain, hail and snow :wacko: :laugh:

Hopefully you will both recover from your experience quickly :GroupHug: also hoping the airing cupboard will do the trick for the camera.

I do have some photos pre-panic stations. Will get them uploaded shortly.

Everything I wore has ended up in the washing machine and am now in my pjs which I intend to stay in the rest of the day :laugh:

I thought you all might arrive home wet too, sadly :flowers: . The weather was too wierd!

Hopefully 'things' will work later, if not then I'll be going down the insurance route I guess. The bl**dy parking ticket's a joke. I actually hadn't run out on my ticket it was just not there in my car anymore. I'm guessing when I shut the car door it blew off the dashboard or one of the labs tails caught it as they left the car :huh: ?????

What actually happened with bert was that we were walking along a river, partially, well mostly obscured by trees and shrubs along it's bank. I thought everyone was with us, dogs that is, until a walker some distance behind us shouted that a dog couldn't get out of the river. Bert must have either launched himself off a steep bank or fallen in :wacko: . The current was strong and had taken him down river away from us. As he's not exactly an athletic dog there's a limit to how long he can keep peddling in the water etc.

I set off to find him, I could not believe how slow I ran in retrospect. It was like my feet were running in treacle, I don't know if that was the panic.. Really I should have flung my bag to the floor as that would've helped but then you don't really 'think' in those circumstances. I was also not helped by some lovely labs who decided to rugby tackle me to the ground as I ran :rolleyes: :laugh: .

Anyway, we kept going up to the bank to look through the shrubs and he wasn't there. Couldn't see him at all. I was thinking 'I'm too late'!!!!

After what seemed like 2 hours I saw him struggling in the water looking terrified. A man in a canoe was sort of trying to keep him afloat I think with his oar :huh: , which was very nice. He wasn't too far from the bank but not near enough and the current was taking him downstream, so I clambered down the bank to get to him and slid nicely into the deep water :biggrin: . Lovely. Anyway I grabbed him and all was well.

He's BANNED from water now. Banned I tell you! Quite possibly my scariest moment with my dogs!

:flowers: