UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendebert sent me a lovely gift which was waiting for me when I got home....

auction-lot10cabbage.jpg

:mecry: :mecry: :laugh: :laugh: :mecry: :mecry:

OMG, I'd forgotten about her!! Lovely as ever I see.

Brings back memories of San flying through the air in slow motion, and muchly sniggering by us both at the local car boot whilst searching for tempting auction treasures such as the above. Only a week to the car boot sale starts again, I'll see if I can find you the rest of her family Snowball, so she doesn't feel lonely. :) :wink:

Fantastic to meet Laura & co yesterday - I hope you were pleased with our Jakey-Man. :) I did notice the tribe soon had you both in ball throwing position!

Thank you so much for the sewing machine, Carol is very excited about it.

Brill as always to see the Sqiggs. We were very honoured with a visit from Miss Gertie Squirrel herself. Mark Sqigg is a big fibber!! He slanders Miss Gertie Squirrel! She was a nice as pie to him, and he was picking her up and cuddling her..... she didn't as much as grumble! No claws or violence at all - I was MUCHLY disappointed! She looked like a positive angel with Mark. Mind you, Mark was being protected by the positiviely HUGE Winnie St Bernard, who was also muchly interested in Gertie, but I am sure that didn't have anything to do with Gertie's good behaviour. :)

Hmmm what to do .... I've got the opportunity to grab myself a free qualification, I can choose from CLAiT plus, iMedia or essential skills in IT NVQ level 2 ... now I know I am well beyond those skills :laugh: but I have no formal piece of paper saying so - it's never been an issue when looking for work but Rob's just done his ECDL thru the RAF as he was told he'd need it for work when he leaves the service he aced it and said I would too even if I didn't study for it and just sat the exams however I can't get it for free :rolleyes: but I can get the ones above for free and as far as I can see they are all about the same as the ECDL anyway. Robs been looking at jobs and many of them are now asking for documented proof of IT skills, now frankly I suspect they know eff all about the value/use of the qualifications really but use that to sift applications, in the same way that when I've gone for jobs in the counselling field I have found that I'm competing against people who've done a 6 week taster course but got a certificate for it whereas I did 3 years study and my qualification is one of the very few recognised as suitable for you to go on to practice as a professional counsellor. Half the time I think they just look at the cv check for some evidence of training/ability and if theres something there it's a tick in the box and you are through the first sift, so since I can get one of these ticks in the box for free I might as well do it. I'm just iffing and aming about which one to do, the CLAiT looks like it's dead easy and I could undoubtedly nail it very quickly, the iMedia looks a bit more interesting as theres some dreamweaver stuff involved and that might actually be useful for me as I loathe dreamweaver lol but the nvq is probably the one more widely known but would involve me having to have work based assessments which I would need the boss to agree to - plus it would then take a lot longer. So what to dooooooooooooooo?

Good morning peeps!

It's a beautiful day in Penrith, wall to wall blue sky with the snow glistening on the lake district mountains in the distance.....

My treat for the day - a walk to Argos for a new iron. The old one died mid skirt yesterday!!

And when that's done Mist and me will have a potter in the garden (she's 'coughing' quite badly today so not going to try anything too strenuous.)

Enjoy!

x

I have asked Rick if he would chase up the support ticket he opened last week to find out why the board is so slow :flowers:

I'm back home and thrilled to bits that Cardiff Blues are thru to the final of the EDF Cup :biggrin:

Wendebert sent me a lovely gift which was waiting for me when I got home....

auction-lot10cabbage.jpg

:mecry: :mecry: :laugh: :laugh: :mecry: :mecry:

:ohmy:

Morning. I was meant to be up to watch the F! but I overslept so will be watching the repeat at 1. Sorry not read back in here just in case someone has posted the results.

Mummy and baby donkey :wub: :wub:

This is our Lesley isn't it Animals targetted for dinner It was mentioned on a review of the papers on the TV this morning.

possibly...... The more people who see the story in all the papers will then look at my blog !!!

Ive just spoken to a Journo who said she was surprised we had any Turkeys left if people were coming to get them to eat. I had to point out to her THATS THE WHOLE POINT ! We DONT let people eat our Turkeys !

Edited by Trallwm farm

Flynn is now obsessed by herons.

:unsure: :wub:

I am up,just finishing the first brew of the day then time to give the bike a once over and tie the bunny on the back of it, I am being a biker chick today, I love this mid life crisis thing

have fun :biggrin:

Shamelessly cute 2 day old donkey picture for you :wub: Born at ACE because Mummy was brought in with a very sore shoulder wound.

Luxormarch09048small.jpg

:wub:

Morning I didn't manage to get up in time to watch the Grand Prix

Spike woke us up at 6am on the dot. :wub: Only trouble was, we hadn't put our clocks forward, so it was really 7 am! :laugh: We shall watch the highlights too.

possibly...... The more people who see the story in all the papers will then look at my blog !!!

Ive just spoken to a Journo who said she was surprised we had any Turkeys left if people were coming to get them to eat. I had to point out to her THATS THE WHOLE POINT ! We DONT !

:( :flowers:

Have fun all of you who are doing exciting things today :flowers:

We're off out for a walk in a bit, just need one more cuppa. :biggrin:

I know I post too many pics of my two, but I managed to get this one of Spike this morning. He piled his favourite toys up just like he used to. The Toymeister is back! :wub: :wub:

spiketoys.jpg

Edited by houndzrus