UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jade Goody

cheryl33

I dont think that Jade is fat or ugly or a racists, the tv show hyped everything up and could have stepped in earlier and the press have had her pound of flesh from her in the past, now shes securing her kids future.... Shes one very brave lady, yes she hasnt had the best of starts in life, and education etc and might not be the brightest star in the sky, but hey it wouldnt do for us all to be Einsteins would it...

I have watched Jade on tv on living going through the treatment and many times been in tears and admire her for her bravery, shes leaving two young kids and shes barely a grown woman herself... just when things are going right for her, its all gone horribly wrong... If I was in her position I would be making as much as I can for my kids future...

I like Jade, she reminds me of a child... someone who says what they mean... ok sometimes a bit misguided but she really hasnt had the upbringing one should have... my relative is dying of cancer and she is leaving a young child behind, she has a bit longer than Jade and I bet she doesnt hold any grudges that someone else going through the same sort of thing is trying to sort everything out... I mean how do you tell a 3 and 5 year old that mummy is going to heaven... by the way the boys father is still around hes that blonde tv presenter, forgot his name now... ..

Just hope when the time comes for her, its very peaceful and shes in as little pain as she can be... wether you like her or dislike her, I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mother died of cancer related complications. She was a nurse, heavily involved in cat rescue and so ive been told (i was 3 when she passed) an exceptionally lovely lady. She got no special recognition in the papers or stupid amounts of money thrown at her for a tv show (which IMO is distasteful) and yet she did alot for myself and my sister, what else could she do?

Jade is no martyr in my eyes, just a silly child who has spent the latter part of her life allowing the media to use and abuse her.

Without meaning to offend, Jade to me has cheapend the severity of cancer, we dont need Brown or anyone else offering HER their condolence we dont need HER finance' being given special treatment we need the Government to get off their butts and sort out the NHS so less people suffer this horrible disase.

My mother died of cancer related complications. She was a nurse, heavily involved in cat rescue and so ive been told (i was 3 when she passed) an exceptionally lovely lady. She got no special recognition in the papers or stupid amounts of money thrown at her for a tv show (which IMO is distasteful) and yet she did alot for myself and my sister, what else could she do?

Jade is no martyr in my eyes, just a silly child who has spent the latter part of her life allowing the media to use and abuse her.

Without meaning to offend, Jade to me has cheapend the severity of cancer, we dont need Brown or anyone else offering HER their condolence we dont need HER finance' being given special treatment we need the Government to get off their butts and sort out the NHS so less people suffer this horrible disase.

Jack wasn't given special treatment; he received the same dispensation that many people who find themselves facing similar tragedies are offered. I'm not saying I agree with it, but he did not set the precedent - that happened a long time ago, when the first incarcerated prisoner was temporarily released in order to spend time with a dying loved one :(

I don't consider Jade a martyr - I know several people who have chosen to continue to work throughout their battle against this dreadful disease; sadly, they were also subject to the same criticism that Jade is facing. :(

She is taking money offered to her by the media, who will make even more money from the story. It will be Joe Public who will pay for it all.

If she wasn't getting the money, the media would make even more profit.

Blame Joe Public for buying the papers and magazines.

Without them there would be no money.

She is taking money offered to her by the media, who will make even more money from the story. It will be Joe Public who will pay for it all.

If she wasn't getting the money, the media would make even more profit.

Blame Joe Public for buying the papers and magazines.

Without them there would be no money.

Exactly. The market is there because some people have a ghoulish interest in stories like hers.

It won't be this particular Joe Public, cos I don't buy the mags, but plenty of people will. Personally, I can hardly bear to look at photos of her, because of my terror of cancer. :( I had enough trouble coping with my parents' illnesses. The last thing I'd want to do is read about it in an "entertainment" magazine.

I don't really get what you mean about "cheapening" the severity of cancer. Doesn't she look as if she's suffering enough, or something?

No-one who's seen a loved one die of cancer can doubt the abject misery of it - it isn't something you can brazen your way through. Anyone has the right to do what they bloody well like when they have terminal cancer, as far as I'm concerned. All the money in the world won't take it away, or make it fun, or even make it bearable. Pain and disease are great levellers. They happen to the good, and they happen to the feckless. They happen to people like my parents who did "all the right things" all their lives - doesn't matter. I don't mind that my parents didn't leave me a million pounds - and I was luckier than Jade's children (and you :GroupHug: ), because my parents didn't die when I was a child. Your mother did what any mother does - her best. I expect Jade is trying to do the same, in her way.

What's the difference between Jade's 'racist' comments and your comments about her being stupid, ugly, fat and gobby? What has her physical appearance got to do with anything? I'm no fan as she hasn't done anything I'm particularly interested in and I don't think her predicament is any more terrible than anyone else in the same situation, a young mother dying and leaving her children is just awful but if she can make some money, good for her.

The dog comment is silly too - I believe she owns one??

Absolutely agree. Her not liking dogs has got nothing to do with the terrible situation she is in now, totally irrelevent. I also really object to the adjectives used to describe her; ugly, fat, gobby - how offensive is that :wacko:

I have never particularly been a fan of hers, but it is a tragedy that she has termninal cancer and her boys will be left without their mummy. Good for her for making as much money as she can for her boys future. She has done so much for raising awareness of cervical cancer too and apparently more women are having smears now. I thik she is an exceptionally brave young woman, who wants a good life for her children and " a better education than she had". (her words)

Edited by Brenda

The 'galant' Mr Tweed has apparently changed his Facebook status to 'single'. She has written a will which gives him control of the boys money for 7 years to avoid inheritance tax - who on earth advised her that this was a good idea? Jade had to seperate him and her mother when they were rowing in hospital at the weekend - and still she manages to keep smiling! If I had to live with what she's lived through, I'd be a jibbering wreck.

I heard Max Clifford on the radio the day of the wedding and he was absolutely clear that a trust fund has been set up for the boys, there are 3 trustees and Jack Tweed is not one of them. I also understand that Kate Jackson the lady who has been making Jade's documentary for Living TV has become very close to Jade and is one of the trustees and is also going to have a lot of input into the boys upbringing

Although I've never been a fan of the girl & think she made herself & those around her look even worse when she appeared on Celebrity Big Brother I think what she is doing / trying to do at the moment is fantastic.

She clearly had a poor upbringing herself but to me is now doing whatever she can to try & make sure her own children are luckier even after she has gone. She's also brought the "knock on" benefit from it of encouraging so many other women to have checks & perhaps avoid what she has gone through.

It's an awful end to anyone's life, especially for someone who is still so young & with young children so personally I wish her & hers the very best of luck in securing her childrens future as best she can & the whole family enjoying whatever time she may have left before her inevitable death does come.

Edited by Ian

I never liked Jade before, was never a BB fan, was embarrassed by her comments about Shilpa (although the racism issue was completely overplayed). I have to say that since finding out about her cancer, she's gone up massively in my estimation. Was that because she's developed taste and tact? Nope. It's because she doesn't pretend to be anything she's not and she's absolutely set on providing better for her kids. She is also still putting on a brave face for her family and for the public at a time when most of us would be hiding and waiting for the inevitable. No I don't think she's perfect, but I don't think that makes her deserve the suffering or her death any more than someone "nice" who has the same disease. I also don't think she should have to give money to cancer charities, she's providing for her kids just like we all want to, and I know I'd want every penny to go to my kids if I was feeling that guilt of leaving them without a mum (not that anyone should feel that, but I imagine it's inevitable for most mums in that situation).

I find it really sad to read some of the comments on here about Jade being "fat" and "gobby" etc etc, but that says more about those commenting than her. I think it's sad in this day and age that anyone can take pot-shots at a dying woman to look clever on a forum. God forbid you're ever in the same situation and have people say about you "Couldn't care less, they were gobby, ugly and horrible". :mecry:

My heart goes out to her and her kids, as it would to anyone I saw in her or similar situation. :mecry:

On a side note, Jane Tomlinson's fund has reached the £2million mark, and they're aiming for £5 million. She was not a star, nor was she "gobby", and she got (quite rightly) a lot of media attention, and attention from the government. It's not just celebrities that get some limelight in their time of need, and while not everyone will get it, any positive outcome from those who do is as much a step forward for them as the person in the news.

I dont think by anyways she has cheapened Cancer, everyone is different and has different ways of dealing with things, perhaps Jade has thought of her past and doesnt want her kids to go through that and what mother wouldnt want the best for her kids...

The boys are apparently going back to their real dad Jeff Brazier and Jack Tweed is having none of her estate...Think its sad that even though shes doing what shes doing people are giving her hard time... Shes a young girl with not long left and is doing her best...

Some people dont like the spot light, Jade does, think the pictures in the paper of her in agony is not demeaning anything... One of my very close relatives is in a similar position, she has cancer and will be leaving kids behind. She has coped with it in a different way, no one is right or wrong, her childrens lives are secure as well and at the end of the day, that must be the most important thing going..

It takes a lot of people to make the world go round, and I just think there for the grace of god go I and hope it never happens to me... My auntys have had breast cancer, sister has breast cancer and isnt going to survive. My mum had it and has survived.. its very previlant in the women in our family, but I certainly dont condem what Jade is doing, good luck to the girl.. and hope when her time arrives, she has a peaceful passing.

It appears that she doesn't have long left at all,they have certainly don't expect her to last the couple of months that they gave her initially. I feel slightly uncomfortable watching her deterioration but my heart really goes out to her,and her family. That husband of hers doesn't appear to be over upset,altho I suppose he may be in private,but I hope he can be there for her. I also hope that her passing is quick and peaceful. Poor girl x

I have to say that I've always had a grudging respect for Jade - she has never pretended to be anything other than herself. She was never embarrassed by having the mickey taken out of her for not being particularly well educated and 'rode' the comments with a laugh and a smile.

I think that she is being incredibly brave by allowing her battle against cancer to be shown in the full media spotlight. Cancer is not a pretty illness, some people recover and others do not. Jade has allowed everyone to see all of this. When she was first diagnosed it was thought that she would survive and Jade was upbeat about her chances, which gave hope and inspiration to others. She allowed the cameras to follow her through the harrowing treatment and we were given a 'warts and all' picture. Sometimes by imagining what chemotherapy and other cancer treatments are like, it can make it appear to be far worse than it actually is, the horror of it expands in our minds. Jade has allowed us to see the reality of this and for the people who haven't liked this I am sure that there are equal numbers, if not more, who have thanked her for it.

Jade has shown that cancer is not a disease of the older person only. She has brought cervical cancer to the forefront by telling her story. Uptake of cervical smear testing has increased visibly since her story broke and is being called the 'Jade effect' in health circles. Most younger women haven't given cervical cancer a thought but hopefully Jade's story will have shown them that it can happen to them and by having regular tests, they can reduce their risk.

Now sadly, Jade is nearing the end of her much too short life. Who in their right minds cannot feel for her at having to leave behind two very small children. Not only is she having to deal with her own emotions about this but is having to gently explain to her boys what is happening and that she will not be with them for much longer. No mother should have to do that. People are condemning her for selling her story to the highest bidder but all she is actually doing is providing for her sons' futures. At 27 she hasn't had a whole heap of time to accumulate a nest egg for the boys and with such a short time left to her, she is just doing what she can.

I hope that the medical team will be able to make Jade more comfortable and that she will be able to spend a little more time with her boys, her new husband and her family. I wish her well in her last few days.

For what it's worth, I think you are one incredibly brave lady, Jade Goody :GroupHug: