UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jade Goody

cheryl33

i think i shared everyone's sentiments a week or two ago.

that being i cannot stand the BB celebrity culture nonsense or the whole Jade thing, but then discovered a new found respect for her with her cancer battle.

but if im honest, in the last few days, for me, this has now gone the way of all things jade.

that being over exposure and irritation at hearing about it day in day out.

sorry

krusewalker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely with Val. Jade Goody has never claimed to be clever and has always been open about the fact that she's made a career out of "celebrity".

She's made her money and fame from being in magazines, newspapers, reality TV etc and I can remember seeing an interview with the editor of Heat magazine and they said that when Jade was on the cover, they had their highest sales. Whether you like her or not, it's the public who buy the magazines, newspapers etc which have kept her in the news.

Jade would never win any prizes for intelligence and admits that. But, if she can make some money out of a heartbreaking time and give her boys a safe future, then good luck to her.

I think selling pictures of her children crying is beyond the pale, I don;t agree, the whole thing reminds me of a public execution. People trying to get the best seats. I have found the whole thing highly distasteful. I wonder how her kids will feel when they are older and see the media circus making money from their mums death and manipulating her to the end

Hopefully they will be provided for materially now that she's earned this money for the recent publicity - if she'd had tons of money stashed away I'm not sure she'd be doing all this?

It sounds from media coverage that she is really rather poorly and is in and out of hospital - maybe, understandably, she doesn't want her sons to see her constantly suffering?

I used to really like Jade, I went off her because of the racism, but I do believe that she is very much doing all of this for her sons' futures and feel it's very sad that she's facing this at such a young age.

As a person, i dont know jade, so have no opinion of her, as a mum, doing everything she can to ensure her boys have the education and life she didnt, i can only applaud her efforts.

if it were me who's entire body was being savaged by cancer and i was physically, mentally and emotionally able to do the same for my kids, i'd do it in a heart beat, for jade, and those like her, i can but hope she has a pain free and dignified passing sure in the knowledge she did as much as she could do for her babies.

As a person, i dont know jade, so have no opinion of her, as a mum, doing everything she can to ensure her boys have the education and life she didnt, i can only applaud her efforts.

if it were me who's entire body was being savaged by cancer and i was physically, mentally and emotionally able to do the same for my kids, i'd do it in a heart beat, for jade, and those like her, i can but hope she has a pain free and dignified passing sure in the knowledge she did as much as she could do for her babies.

couldnt agree more :wink:

:( Why would anybody want to do this to her? :(

As if she wasn't suffering enough already :sad02:

I read that this morning, however in other reports they're saying the woman didn't confront her at all and wasn't brandishing the hammer, she had it in her pocket. She was apparently praying at her bedside. Of course the tabloids have changed "praying" to "chanting" to make it sound Satanic. Sounds like someone mentally ill, especially considering no charges were brought. Edit: the dunno/shruggy smiley isn't here how long have I been gone?!?!) so I edited out the failed ":dunno:" lol.

Edited by KathyM

I am watching her wedding on tv now and I will admit to crying several times. She is laughing,joking,listening to several references to her not being here ,references to when she leaves but still smiling. She is extremely brave I think to put on a happy smiling face when she knows that she doesnt have long to live. x

I am watching her wedding on tv now and I will admit to crying several times. She is laughing,joking,listening to several references to her not being here ,references to when she leaves but still smiling. She is extremely brave I think to put on a happy smiling face when she knows that she doesnt have long to live. x

ditto.. :mecry: :mecry:

• 2 weeks later...