UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Giles Coren - What A Bl**dy Tw*t

ReikiAnge

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid I've let his comments ruin my day :mecry: Never before have I read such an awful, damning condemnation and hatred of dogs. I cannot believe The Times have printed such nasty rubbish. Amazing amount of comments in support of him too :axehead: He should be arrested for incitement to kill dogs :mad: I am now going to have to drink loads tonight :(

*dons tin hat*

Nearly everything Giles writes is with his tongue wedged in his cheek. He has gone a bit over the top today but this bit is true:

And government is no better, to be honest. It is astonishing to think that when a fox is torn apart by dogs in a cold field on a foggy morning, Parliament devotes 700 hours of debate to stamping it out. But when a human child is torn apart by dogs in his or her nan's front room (it's always the grandmother - usually not much more than 30 herself), Parliament does nothing. Nothing.

Obviously banning dogs isn't the answer but neither is doing nothing and that's what seems to have happened in this case.

*dons tin hat*

Nearly everything Giles writes is with his tongue wedged in his cheek. He has gone a bit over the top today but this bit is true:

Obviously banning dogs isn't the answer but neither is doing nothing and that's what seems to have happened in this case.

Sorry Cheryl, we will have to agree to disagree.

I just can't see that this particular article is tongue-in-cheek. Surely anyone that had an ounce of compassion for dogs would not write with such hatred for them? It seems rather more than a bit over the top to me :(

Unfortunately the government introduced the DDA and BSL as an answer to dog attacks and we all sadly know how cr@p that is and how so many innocent owners and their dogs have suffered. But Giles isn't content with just killing some breeds, he'd just like them all dead.

I stand by my original thoughts. He's a bl**dy tw*t.

Every one of these cases has been caused by human negligence but they get away and the dogs pay with their lives. There is more of an outcry about dogs attacking and killing babies and children that there is when their parents kill them. These parents arn't pts which is a pity.

Most normal humans know not to put a 4.5 month old baby on a table, they roll off.

Most normal humans wouldn't go to sleep with a baby on the table.

It is time these people were charged with negligence and the dogs were not blamed for being dogs.