UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Blimey - Interesting 24 Hours

ClazUK

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, you lovely lot. I'm on a pretty low fat diet now, anyway (ironic it happens now!) but I'm going to be extra-aware of this until I see the consultant in 4 weeks. If I can get rid of them naturally I will but I'd rather have a spot of keyhole surgery than go through that kind of pain too often :unsure:

Ooh Claz, not nice :(

Pleased that it is your gall bladder and not your ticker, even though it hurts like hell.

Gallstones are incredibly painful, I had an attack of the pain about 6 years ago and I thought I was going to die. I had my gall bladder out a few days later, by keyhole surgery, as they couldn't get the pain to settle. I've had no problems since :)

As others have said it is usual to be on a low-fat diet until the gall bladder is removed. Some people find other foods will stir up the pain, such as highly spiced foods, so be aware.

Take care of yourself Claz and get some rest :GroupHug:

Honestly..the things some people will do to get out of a few hours work! :laugh: Seriously, I'm so glad it wasn't a heart attack Claire...can't you ask if they can do both procedures at once, if you need your gall bladder removed? they should be able to keep out of each other's way..... :GroupHug:

Really glad your ok must have been very frightening :unsure:

I think keyhole surgery is a lot less debilitating than 'regular' surgery so if you do need to go down that route fingers crossed they can do it that way - made me chuckle about the vets when Snoopy went for her dental I had a call to ask 'shall we remove the big fatty lump that looks like a breast implant from behind her front leg, while she is under?' as you say if only it was like that for us!

ive had Gall stones so know exactly how you felt. I had keyhole surgery to have mine taken out and have 4 tiny neat scars. They said my gallbladder was absolutely full to bursting with stones. (they only found them when i was rushed in with Pancreatitis)

Glad your ok and hope they get them sorted quickly for you :flowers:

I went down the Chinese herbal route for inflamed gall bladder, had a vile concoction to brew up and drink but it sorted the problem. For any GB infammation whether gallstones-related or not, I can recommend a very strong brew of peppermint tea, using 2 bags and steeping well, with a spoonful of honey. Very soothing and quick relief.

Edited by owl

No San but I was in tri astra something?! I'm sure I have that utterly wrong but the bottom chamber is out of synch? Forgive me, I was full of morphine :blush02:

Well, I suppose I will have to let you off! AF is always fun to look at. We used to do the 24 hour monitoring as well for folks that had 'funny episodes' and stuff. Most fun when the patient was a hairy chested male :wink: asw e had to stick all the pads in place with LOADS of tape :laugh: