UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it! Out with the dogs at 5.45am, work, then out in the cold again at about half 7 in the evening. And only 3 CD packs a day. But to be honest, no other diet works as well for me so I just get on with it. I know its not for everyone and tbh, you might well find you're better on SW if you're missing proper food so much :flowers:
I'm not sure I have the willpower to stick to CD - I was looking at SW on the PC yesterday and I think I might do the online programme. If there are recipes and things I can plan in advance I should be okay.

Claire, they have a new plan on SW too which is called 'Extra Easy'. I know you are veggie too so it may not bother you to just do green days as I do, but its easier if you are cooking for a meat eater too. :flowers:
The meat eater can cook his own meat when he's down here :laugh: I think SW is the way for me but I finish work too late for 7pm meetings so online has to be best.

I'm not sure I have the willpower to stick to CD - I was looking at SW on the PC yesterday and I think I might do the online programme. If there are recipes and things I can plan in advance I should be okay.

The meat eater can cook his own meat when he's down here :laugh: I think SW is the way for me but I finish work too late for 7pm meetings so online has to be best.

Claz, have you looked for meetings. They arent all at 7pm. If you want to do the online thing, us group members can be your support and help with any questions you have. :flowers:

I have to say Claz I found CD REALLY HARD. But I lost just over 3 stone in a very short amount of time which kept me focused. I've kept it off and am now doing my own diet of calorie counting.

I weighed myself today and have lost 11lb in 2.5 weeks. :rolleyes:

I have a low fat yoghurt at breakfast with a apple or nutribar, lunch is some ryevitas with marmite or a sliver of cheese or a pack of snack a jacks, tea is something like a stir fry with chicken or last night I had scrambled egg and salmon.

I've cut out all red meat and potatoes, pasta etc.

Claz, sorry to be blunt, but I don't think CD is for you - you really do need to be focused, it's not the kind of diet you can tweak here and there. It works, but you have to stick to it.

Sounds like SW would be better. You can have your 'norty' things as sins (whatever they call them) and by following their plan, you're more likely to lose and that will keep you motivated :wink:

I think my scales must be broken. They are trying to tell me I've lost 6lbsin 3 days :wacko: :laugh:

I think my scales must be broken. They are trying to tell me I've lost 6lbsin 3 days :wacko: :laugh:

You can send them to me if you like!! They sound like my kind of scales.

My OH is also dieting which helps hugely, although its now getting rather competitive between us, hes only lost 5lb currently... he won't give up his lattes!

I did have a hotel chocolat brochure arrive today which is a nightmare, I hd to put it straight in the bin

I did Lighter Life and then CD before I left White Lodge (so probably early 2008?). I found the evangelistic meetings of Lighter Life scarily cult-like - if you went off the script the Counsellor was a total cow, that was the reason I left, I was totally demoralised by her. No doubt this is down to individuals but I really didn't buy into her style of 'My Way is The Only Way'.

My CD lady was lovely but then I got wrapped up in moving house and fell off it. BUT....... I lost 16lbs on the two over about 8 weeks, so I can do it, I just don't think I want to.

Currently I'm not tempted by things that would be classed as 'norty' on Slimming World, but a potato/rice/pasta-free world really doesn't appeal to me right now. I'm a bit run down after 2 months of coldy lurgy and I'm sleeping badly.

My local SW evening meetings all start between 5pm and 7pm so they aren't do-able. There IS a Saturday one but I see Matt every other week and work one in 4. So it's online for me; I'm looking forward to the menu planner thingie cos I end up eating the same stuff over and over without getting a bit of inspriration.

My local SW evening meetings all start between 5pm and 7pm so they aren't do-able. There IS a Saturday one but I see Matt every other week and work one in 4. So it's online for me; I'm looking forward to the menu planner thingie cos I end up eating the same stuff over and over without getting a bit of inspriration.

Is there one near where you work instead?

Thats what I love about SW, you can have pasta/potatoes etc being a veggie. :wink: They are my comfort foods too. :rolleyes:

Go for it Claz, what have you got to lose?

Is there one near where you work instead?

Thats what I love about SW, you can have pasta/potatoes etc being a veggie. :wink: They are my comfort foods too. :rolleyes:

Go for it Claz, what have you got to lose?

I only work 5 miles from home, it's the split shift that's the killer - I do 8 to 12 then 3 to 6.30, so I can take the dogs out in the middle of the day. I get home at 6.50 on a good day and then I have to walk and feed the dogs. I'm not making excuses, honest, I just can't find a meeting I can do. I've searched under NN5 - if you can find one please let me know!

I intend to sign up online over the weekend so I can plan menus and stuff when I have a bit of time to myself. I'm working Saturday but it's a Mattless weekend so I have enough time :)

Edited by ClazUK

You can send them to me if you like!! They sound like my kind of scales.

My OH is also dieting which helps hugely, although its now getting rather competitive between us, hes only lost 5lb currently... he won't give up his lattes!

I did have a hotel chocolat brochure arrive today which is a nightmare, I hd to put it straight in the bin

Well done binning the brochure :wink: Tell Flip if he must have the latte's, have skimmed milk :laugh:

Well done binning the brochure :wink: Tell Flip if he must have the latte's, have skimmed milk :laugh:

Flip-flop has been told that but big bum C seems to forget and just gets full fat in... lol

Hes comg to work from home this afternoon to resist further temptation.