UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rmf January 2009

boosboss

:wub: :wub: :wub: at San's puppy!

The board IS a bit wobbly tonight, isn't it? :wacko:

Ingipops - I'd tell them they can try a hotel if they wanna stay somewhere overnight after a night out and you're that tired. I'm knackered and it wouldn't surprise me if I didn't see 20PM today! :tired:

Thanks for all you good wishes for little Mr Sparkily. I have checked his mouth, and his teeff are sparkily as ever, nor are there any other injuries to be seen. Seeing as he gave a few fine examples of throwing up water last night, I reckon he's having a bit of a tummy bug. He's had a bit of live yoghurt with a 'dogs dessert' tonight for his dinner, and that went down very well. So I gave him a bit of bland pasta to see if he wanted more, and he ate half of that. It's still down the cake hole, so far so good! :)

Michelle - Sparks ges his dinner in the living room, while Mal and Kiera have theirs on either side of the kitchen :flowers:

Kiera's definitely telling him she's top dog, but she's been telling him that for 3 months now, and on every other opportunity that she had before that :rolleyes: So that shouldn't make a difference. I think that every now and then Sparks gets fed up with being told that she's boss, and he'll give her a growl back, and that's fine with me - Kiera ain't half a bossy boots!

We'll see over the next few days if Spark's appetite and energy improves, if not we'll be making another trip to the vet's ....

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which has been a bit unfortunate as I've been driving myself :wacko: trying to work out who in my family was alive when, and doing lots of guesswork which means I am now driving myself insane trying to work out whether there was such a thing as a Ewbank washing machine in 1901 ................

Probably not. The date if the first electric washer is 1908, and the first Ewbank I can find is 1920's.

http://www.washingmachinereviews.org.uk/hi...shing-machines/

http://inventors.about.com/gi/dynamic/offs...w.oldewash.com/

hi everyone ive been industrious today washing dog beds and cleaning rugs and pickle went to his auntie rachels for ttouch again today too (hence why i have got so much done as save for the time it took to eat his dinner and tea and have a couple of wees hes been asleep since 1pm :laugh: )

pickle is improving and is adapting by levering himself up and 'walking' whilst up against something he can get about by crawling extremely well now and is such a happy puppy with no sign at all of his earlier frustration he just keeps trying till he gets there with a very determined expression :wub:

Probably not. The date if the first electric washer is 1908, and the first Ewbank I can find is 1920's.

http://www.washingmachinereviews.org.uk/hi...shing-machines/

http://inventors.about.com/gi/dynamic/offs...w.oldewash.com/

Well, my great uncle (who now it turns out was by great great uncle) is on the 1901 census as a "Clerk at Washing Machine Manufactory".

I only picked on Ewbank 'cause I remember one of his brothers worked for Ewbank - and the whole lot of them just seemed to move round and round the same streets of Accrington!

Sorry, I'm now going to be boring - I've struck "lucky" on the Ewbanks!

http://www.ewbank.co.uk/pdfs/1896Ewbank.pdf

:wavey:

:partytime: Yay, Mommy Bear :flowers:

Julia, what did you get for your birthday?

:biggrin: I got loads of stuff :pinkie: The one advantage of having a January birthday is that people can buy things in the sale so you get more :laugh: I got a new mobile phone (but I can't work it yet :wacko: :rolleyes: ), perfume, smeelies, sweets, chocolate, ipod alarm clock thingy, sewing box, socks, nail varnish, velour tracksuit, 80's music Cd and book, dvds of the Royle Family Christmas specials, pawpwrint earrings, candle, cat ornament - it is a lovely stash!!

IMG_7325.jpg

:wub: :wub:

I'd very much appreciate pics of the determined Pickle :wub: :flowers:

RMF I have not tried out the blue cheese scone recipe as I had a breakthrough with Bubbles. She willingly climbed out of her cage and sat in my hands for a little bit of carrot (which she has done before - usually eats it then goes back in her cage scowling) but then she got all silly and snuggly under my chin. I luffs my crosspatch ginga hamsta :wub:

Edited to add - you lucky little man Charlie :wub:

Edited by chickentikka

Hope Sparks feels better soon :GroupHug: and :GroupHug: 's to all that need one.

I have been dithering between 'shall I have a 50th birthday party' or 'maybe I won't have a 50th birthday party ' :wacko: when I first thought about it last year OH wanted to have it Here but when I looked at the costs it was about £16,000 :ohmy: so I decided maybe I didn't want a party anyway :rolleyes: Last night OH announced that WE (hmmmmm we :unsure: doesn't he mean I :rolleyes: ) should have a party and he has gone this afternoon to enquire Here :biggrin: I have started typing up my invite list and I'm up to 89 :) OH had better sell a lot of kitchens in the next few months :laugh:

OOOH, there's posh!!!