UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

*just* A Forum? I Disagree...

dirtychicken

Well I think you're all horrible :huh:

Not! :D

Everyone here has a different skill and it never ceases to amaze and surprise me how often those skills are happily loaned out to others,whether it be advice/professional help,the loan/giving of a physical object,physical stuff/work like Useful Pete (we all have a job for Useful Pete :wink: ) and so on etc

Cheers to you all :flowers:

Better Tidings for 2009 for all, especially Mrs Hen and her Chicks.

I've said it before and I'll say it a million times over, 'The Refuge' couldn't be better named and is a fantabulous unintended consequence! It's one very safe, wise and supportive place.

Even though I dont post much any more I still read daily. I can honestly and truely say that the refuge and the fugees have helped me through the past year, it hasnt been too good a year, good but the friends I have made on here, the ones I have met and the ones I have yet too have been my rock.

For me this is definately not *just* a forum

:flowers: :flowers:

edited - cause I have forgotten how to write :rolleyes:

Edited by loobie

Well said Chooky and everyone else. This forum has given me much support over the years, and most recently when Max was ill I was overwhelmed by everyone's kindness :liebe94:

I am also gobsmacked at how complete strangers can offer to do so much for people they have never met. It's truly astonishing :wub:

I agree this is "not just another forum". I don't post as much as some of you, I don't think I am a very chatty person but I read it every day and wish happy birthdays and comiserate with poorly people and dogs. You are all lovely people and have given me support when I have felt the need and I appreciate it very much.

Please keep up the good work for people and dogs.

A very Happy and Healthy New Year to all Fugees

Barbara

Thats a lovely post

the refuge has introduced me to some really nice people who have gone out of their way to help others.

Where else am I goung to find someone who at 11pm on Christmas day will respond to a request for help with a stray who needs somewhere warm for the night?

Who will travel many many miles and at not inconsiderable cost to help people they dont even know who are in court, scared and frightened that their friend is going to end up killed by the legal system.

Who will travel half way round the world to help animals who need someone to give them a helping hand.

Who will help the older dogs who others see as "too old"

Who will, despite being slagged off big time, carry on with their rescue activities and help dogs who have nowhere else to go.

Thsoe are just some examples of the kindness I have see on these boards.

You are all very special people

Thats a lovely post

the refuge has introduced me to some really nice people who have gone out of their way to help others.

Where else am I goung to find someone who at 11pm on Christmas day will respond to a request for help with a stray who needs somewhere warm for the night?

Who will travel many many miles and at not inconsiderable cost to help people they dont even know who are in court, scared and frightened that their friend is going to end up killed by the legal system.

Who will travel half way round the world to help animals who need someone to give them a helping hand.

Who will help the older dogs who others see as "too old"

Who will, despite being slagged off big time, carry on with their rescue activities and help dogs who have nowhere else to go.

Thsoe are just some examples of the kindness I have see on these boards.

You are all very special people

you sound like a very proud father :crying_anim:

and rightly so, the refuge is special :liebe94:

and who would set up such a board and provide refuge for all of us

a very special penguin thats who :flowers:

a gluton for punishment with a warped sense of humour more like :laugh:

Its been worth being banned from 'other forums' to be here, its been worth being accused of scaremongering when trying to educate people about the DDA and issues of the last few years, it was worth standing up for rescues that were being lambasted elsewhere after taking a day out with Pingu to see for myself if there were issues, and then getting so much grief for going...

its all been worth it coz i think the people here are mostly great (and mostly banned from other forums :laugh: ) who stick up for each other and look out for each other. We may only be 'Refuse' to some but hey who cares. lets have another great year here :flowers:

a gluton for punishment with a warped sense of humour more like :laugh:

Its been worth being banned from 'other forums' to be here, its been worth being accused of scaremongering when trying to educate people about the DDA and issues of the last few years, it was worth standing up for rescues that were being lambasted elsewhere after taking a day out with Pingu to see for myself if there were issues, and then getting so much grief for going...

its all been worth it coz i think the people here are mostly great (and mostly banned from other forums :laugh: ) who stick up for each other and look out for each other. We may only be 'Refuse' to some but hey who cares. lets have another great year here :flowers:

One persons rubbish is anothers treasure!! :wink: :biggrin: It's great here.

. We may only be 'Refuse' to some but hey who cares. lets have another great year here :flowers:

Their only jealous. This place has become a great success so ya boo sucks to them :D

I echo your thoughts for another great year here Di :flowers:

I'm proud to be banned elsewhere :laugh:

One of the best threads ever! Well said Sarah :flowers:

I've had the pleasure of meeting some of the nicest, warmest, most funny people I know via the Refuge and it's how I managed to get more involved with Oldies Club. There are many of you I've yet to meet but that's something to look forward to for the next social event!

Thank you Rick for bringing us all together :biggrin: