UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Goodbye Bear

Mommy Bear

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night we lost Duke, our big black Newfoundland. He was nine years old and had been with us for eight years.

He developed bloat after his evening meal and although we rushed him to the emergency vet there was nothing they could do for him.

The house is so empty without him and Coco and Mungo are very subdued.

A couple of weeks ago after being diagnosed with Langyreal Paralasis Coco was found to also have cardiomyopathy and we were sure we would lose her before Christmas. Little did we know it was big old Duke we would lose instead.

I am bereaft and cannot stop crying and had to tell friends who would understand and I know you all do. I know those of you who met my gentle giant will be sad for his going.

Thinking of you all

sleep tight Duke :GroupHug:

Thank you to everyone for you words of love and consolation. Such a comfort at this time.

I havn't been around much on the Refuge of late - for various reasons. We've come through a difficult time during the last six months. DB's depression kicked in again though not as bad as the last time. When its gradual you don't notice it so much and just think "Oh get a bloody grip" but once you recognise it for what it is you can start to deal with it. So, doubled the pills (doctors advice - his brother) and I bought him a SAD light for his birthday. All seems to be working and things are looking brighter at the House of Bear. (No pun intended.) Also during that time I didn't really feel I had much to offer.

I was afraid Duke's death would pull DB right down but he managed to cope OK and was a tower of strength for me while I did my best not to fall apart !!

We've also had puter probs - big PC has now expired - my old laptop has been banished - to be used for driving the telescope only (dont' ask, I've no idea). DB has a bright a shiny new laptop and I have his old one. There were cries of "we'll buy you a new laptop dear" but somehow I've ended up with the old one. Oh well, its better than the steam driven one I was using before.

Soooooo, armed with said machine, I shall now spend more time on here, probably mostly lurking, but will try and keep up as best I can.

Thank you all again. Fugees Rule.

Sandy

If you feel this is in the wrong place please move - Ta

Edited by Mommy Bear