UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Late Night Shopping At Asda

lazydaisy

I had last bits and pieces to buy, and it seemed a good idea to go to Asda tonight (freeing up tomorrow for fun things). I arrived at 9.20, the car park was full :wacko: it was like Saturday afternoon. Loobie and I took 2 hours to make our way around the shop. I was amazed at how many young children were shopping. I eventually made it out at 11.20! For some strange reason it had not occured to me that I would be putting shopping away at a time I am usually asleep :(

Thankfully its all put away, and I have a chilled glass of wine as compensation.

Wont be doing it again :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i was a taxi driver, I used to go at about 3 -4 am every week but at this time of year it was always chaos. I went to M+S on friday morning and was amazed at the lack of bedlam. perhaps all the usual crew have all switched to nights in the hope it would be less crazy :laugh:

Family tradition here that we do our final shop around 2am on Xmas eve and yes it is always busy but nowhere near as busy as it would be during the daytime - this year however we are both off work today so are venturing to Morrisons very shortly this morning in the hopes it might not be toooooo bad as I'm considering going to Midnight Mass on Xmas eve and can't face the prospect of two late nights.

Just went to Adsa at 7.30 am. It opened at 6. Almost empty and everything was freshly refilled and stacked :pinkie:

Matt went to Morrisons last night and it was apparently "pain free" - he's the grumpiest arse when it comes to shopping, so that must have been a pretty easy shop.

We have a new Asda not far from us, it's not a huge one but had everything we need ( loads of booze ), we walked right up to an empty checkout and this was at 5pm last night. It took us longer to get home than it did to go around the place and it's just about a mile away from us :wacko: .

Terri

I remember one year I went to Asda with my Dad at 4am, they didn't have anything fresh on sale so its was a little pointless, however we did get a free full english breakfast :laugh: they had opened the cafe, started serving but had no till so the cashier just shrugged and told us just go home!

I went to Iceland and Asda yesterday morning and was surprised how empty it was.

Martyn is going to ASDA after work tonight. One of his mates in work popped in for something quick yesterday lunch time. They only work 5 mins away. 2.5 hours later he arrived back in work. The traffic queues to and from were bad and he got stuck in a big queue for the self service check out. Martyn was thinking of going in the early hours tomorrow until I told him what had been said here.

I have just been to Asda at Trafford Park to do my shopping. It was mayhem :wacko:

If anybody is going to that Asda, don't park in the main car park cos one bloke said it took him 20 minutes to find parking. If you go to Taylor Road, which is the road behind Asda, there is a small car park behind Asda and you can just walk through round the side of Asda.