UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How Many Breeds Did You Meet Today

Pendlewitch

We set off on the river bank and soon came across a nice young lab who was soooo pleased to see us, owner was a bit sniffy though and pulled him up tight to her. Then we met two nice ladies with a super Shiba Inu with attitude, a pretty Cav and a gorgeous tank of a Cairn. Next was the lovely old lady with her equally lovely old Cav and then a nice chap with two fantastic Bassets, one had a serious sense of humour and grinned all over her face at Cecil whilst ignoring her dad's pleas of ' Belle, come ON'! She did eventually agree to leave us and went on her way with her stern waving and her smile intact. A Border Collie obviously thought meeting 3 dogs at once was too much and passed us at speed in the trees. At the picnic site whilst waiting for the taxi (OH) we met another dear old lady who is convinced Cecil is called Ethel, :laugh: she patted him firmly on the head remarking 'ooo, you are a nice dog Ethel', he just rolls his eyes at her and makes the most of the pats!

A nice walk and a fair mixture of breeds, how many did you meet today?

Oooh lots (not many at 5.30am though :laugh: ) Charlie,springer spaniel who had been swimming when he decided to lean on me,Angel,another Springer;Rosie,BC,Molly Golden Retriever;Grace,Weimeraner - that's morning walk done.After work in the park,Doris min poodle;2 lovely mongrels;2 more Springers - must have been springer day.2 yorkies,JRT,another BC,2 staffies,4 Labs and Frodo the little Podengo we meet quite often.Will probably meet a lurcher;Frank and/or Max,Labs and Duncan's bestest friends :rolleyes: and if Daisy is lucky lots of neighbourhood cats on our last walk at 9.00ish.Really lucky round here in that all the dogs we meet are very friendly and very rarely on lead so lots of games to be had.

Edited by zico's mum

I can't remember how many we met, quite a few but could have done without the two terrorists who tried to eat Bertie while he stood there looking perplexed! Once they'd finished he was lame on his back leg but no bite wounds found, think he just needed a healing rub down and a cuddle. Honestly there is not an evil bone in my little man's body, not even a growl.

There weren't many about today even when I went on 3 separate walks.

I saw a black and white Springer Spaniel and a black crossbreed with one couple. 3 dogs in the distance with a lady. They may have been OES cos I think I saw where she lives and know 3 of those live there. That walk was in the dark. Another lady had a Westie and a Cairn Terrier. The CT was a little divil who reckoned he was going to eat Bracken.

I normally see more than that but it has rained a lot today.

On our normal cross-country walk we often don't meet other dogs at all, and if we do it's usually local dogs we know.

Yesterday was busy, though, I guess people are on holiday now. We saw 2 Springers in the distance, Barney the sweet old yellow Lab, Pickle the norty black Lab (who is a pain and jumps all over my dogs who are scared of him :mad: ) Big Gus the greyhound :wub: and Little Gus the beagle cross who my dogs all adore, so we had lots of mad running and silly playing with him :)

Didn't do walkies yesterday but when I took Max over to the vet hospital on the Wirral, in the waiting room we met a beautiful Podenco girl :wub: , an 11 week old baby pug (sadly had got its head caught in a door and had lost one eye, with the probability of losing the other one) :( :wub: , a black lab, a couple of rotties and a terrier type.

Normally when out up the fields we see several labs, a couple of golden retrievers, a flat coated retriever, some dallies, springers, dobies, a stunning shiba inu, cockers, huskies, yorkies, a lakeland, a norwegian elkhound, the odd lurcher and various others.

It was very quiet this morning, it was one of those days when the top of the hills are sticking up into the cloud. For some reason I'd decided we'd do a hill walk so we didn't see many other walkers - I suspect most of them had gone to the river valleys instead.

We met

- 2 springer spaniels (together)

- a lab x springery thing (boing boing)

- The One and Only Staffy - we never meet staffies apart from this one, Rosie. She is a sweet little barrel.

- a very large and extremely excited border collie x (boing Boing BOING!!!)

- a little westie with his owner who looks about 103 but still walks his dog every day without fail. I do get the impression that the owner sometimes enjoys the walks more than the dog does with that pair!

Today we met our great friend Dolly, a beardie about Wispa's age who is always up for a good game. and then we met a boxer, a JRT, a feisty little Westie who chased Wispa all over the beach, 2 collies, a lurcher, a Tervueren, a goldie, a Weim, a cairn, a border terrorist, and we saw more dogs further along which we didn't meet because we went and played with seagulls instead.