UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Guinness

ClazUK

My oldie Pet Rescue/Battersea girl was sprawled out on the kitchen floor when I got home for lunch. Didn't get up to meet me and was shaking like she was in pain. I managed to get her to her feet but she was hunched and wobbly.

Called Con, my fantastic vet back in Leicestershire. He was operating but he said bring her over and he'd see her between ops. He checked her over but only found a slightly raised temperature and paleish gums. He asked if they could do full bloods etc. I agreed, of course. Just over an hour later the only conclusion was that she's slightly anaemic (was 31, should be 37). He'd not x rayed but he'd checked for masses and growths and found nothing.

So, she had an anti inflammatory and pain killer, a course of anti biotics and we are back for more tests on Xmas Eve.

By the time we got home she was well enough to beg chicken from the lodger and chew Skys head :rolleyes: I'm over the moon that she's feeling better but could have done with saving the 4 hours and the £140!

I just hope she continues to stay in her normal rude health for a long time yet. 13 is no age for an old mutt like her :wub:

DSCF0208.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope Guin is on the mend now. Occasionally, Archie gets a bit over zealous hurling himself at the window or door when we have visitors and pulls his back. He lays in what I call the road kill position or creeps under my desk and shakes. Usually a good dose of painkillers and rest sorts him after about 3 days.

Thanks guys. She's not brilliant this morning :( Couldn't get back onto the patio (it's about a 1 foot step) from the lawn. I've had to go to work cos I'm totally out of leave but the lodger is around and has instructions to let me know if she goes downhill.

I'm torn between giving her a low dose of Rimadyl/Norocarp as she's aneamic she may have internal bleeding, but if I don't she looks soooooooooo uncomfortable :unsure:

Any spare good thoughts you have would be appreciated :flowers: