UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

:wacko: @ Mr H

He had certainly better not go to work today if that is what he proposes to do with the laptops. Mine has just recovered from a toast-crumb-related problem. Party food and sticky marshmallows would be far worse to deal with. Seriously, the poor chap sounds in a bad way and I hope he feels better soon.

My biggest snail wot is so huge its shell fills both my hands - and I have bigger hands than the average - has laid an EGG! tis the size of a small birds egg, e.g. a wren. Snail is about 4 yrs old I think, KathyM would know as I got the 2 marginatas from her as babies. One never did very well and sadly died before reaching maturity. This one grew like mad in spite of getting a shell crack when young. It's never mated with another of its species. In theory it can't mate with a fulica, but in practice I know one instance where margie x fulica snailets have been produced. It lives with a few big fulicas for company, not ideal as margies like it wetter than fulicas, but the fulicas have dry places to sit and the margie has a pool so they seem to have managed OK. Anyway, either the egg is infertile, it's fertile and Xbred, or we have parthenogenesis which some think may be possible in snails. I will put it and any other eggs in a suitable container and try to incubate them.

Norty cycas cat, hope he will be OK :GroupHug:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No camera to hand, I still haven't found it among all the packed stuff. Next person to visit the owlery with a camera (possibly sparkle) will be asked to do a photoshoot of the mega snail plus egg. The egg is just plain white, not very photogenic. It's just remarkable that it's there at all, considering.

He's still talking complete and utter carp and getting cross with me for not understanding :wacko:

I have :laugh: muchly at the laptop conversation.

However, on a more serious note, have you actually taken his temperature ? High temps can cause delirium - mr bejo and laptop yes - in which case some doses of paracetamol and some cooling off will be greatly needed. Sorry just the nurse in me.

We just went out for a short and very gentle walk in the park. Wispa although boingy earlier was fairly sedate when out and soon got tired. Obviously the rice business has made her feel the worse for wear. 2 more large heaps of rice were bagged and binned :ohno02: which I think must be the lot. She is now crashed out on my bed.

Mindy, pleased to hear you will see the grandchildren.

Sparkle, would be great to see you on Monday. :) My house isn't really a cottage, it's an ex council house built around 1950, but tis nice.

Coolio :biggrin: I'll give you a bell on Monday :)

No camera to hand, I still haven't found it among all the packed stuff. Next person to visit the owlery with a camera (possibly sparkle) will be asked to do a photoshoot of the mega snail plus egg. The egg is just plain white, not very photogenic. It's just remarkable that it's there at all, considering.

I would do ... but Tom stole my camera :wacko: oh I had a Christmas card from him my daddy says he needs pysciatric (sp?!) help :laugh:

Morning :)

Cheryl, that's soooooooo funny :laugh: Poor bloke but more importantly poor laptops :laugh:

Am off to Surrey Quays to do my Christmas shopping. It's a crappy little shopping centre with very limited choice, but I'll still get all my future car booty there :rolleyes:

Is it still as crappy? I used to shop there when I lived south of the river but then moved to Wapping :rolleyes:

RMF: I'm having a mixed kind of a day. Sad because its 3 years since Gdog went to the Bridge :( But looking forward to seeing Sarah_H later this morning.

Oh, and spoke to my neighbour earlier, her dad is still very poorly in hospital :(

He's just gone outside for a fag so can't be feeling too ill :angry:

The nursey Fugee is right. If he is still talking rubbish while wide awake and going outside for a fag, he could well have a very high temp. Cold compresses to forehead and wrists. If he is delirious he won't have the sense to know if he is too ill to go outside for a fag.

I think I must have serious issues for both parents to have problems with me? :rolleyes:

You're a product of your upbringing Chez - you are luffly despite what your parents are like :GroupHug:

He's still talking complete and utter carp and getting cross with me for not understanding :wacko:

Do you have a means of recording said conversations? :devil: Not that I am suggesting you take advantage of his poorliness, not at all :whistle:

RMF: I'm having a mixed kind of a day. Sad because its 3 years since Gdog went to the Bridge :( But looking forward to seeing Sarah_H later this morning.

:GroupHug:

RMF 1: The vet told me yesterday that she would leave a message on reception telling me what time Max would be going in for his biopsy. She hasn't, so I am waiting for a call back to let me know. I have to say they are very helpful and nice.

RMF 2: Boss bought two bunnies at PaH a few months ago and was told they were both girls. Guess what, they now have several bunny babies :rolleyes: He took them back to PaH and they gave him a cage to keep them separated and have offered to pay for the mum and dad bunny to be neutered but he's not sure what they are going to do with the babies yet, so I may be looking for a small furry rescue in the New Year to take them on :rolleyes:

morning all - am in work for last day before hols!! :santa: and struggling to feel motivated to do anything. Can't even drink lots of cups of tea coz went to dentist this morning and have to wait a while yet :rolleyes:

:GroupHug: to all that might need them and if anyone has any spare good wishes please send them to my friend Lucy and her family. Her dad has cancer very badly but was struggling along and due to go into the psychiatric hospital to spend Xmas day with his wife (who also has other health problems), but yesterday he collapsed and seems to have multiple organ failure :mecry: Lucy is coping really well but its been a rough year for her.