UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sadly, Not Good News For Rosie Buttons, She Is A Poorly Girl

Cafferysmum

I am so sorry. I have been there, it is not nice, and we didn't know how quick our Newfie would go with her illness. She had either aplastic anemia or myeloid leukemia and from us realising perhaps she may be ill because she refused her breakfast one morning in September, she was gone by the 27th October. We may have noticed a general slowing down perhaps if anything, but she was a Newfie and they do best holding the floor down!

I wish we had let her go a few days earlier, but the vet tried her with some steroids to see if that made a difference (that was the day my Mum died), and I don't know if that was for the dog's sake or ours. I now wish we had let her go the same day, but at the time thought we were just perhaps weathering a blip in her condition and she would enjoy happier days a while longer.

It is never easy, just think what she has achieved, who can say that about their dog? :wub:

She is a very pretty girl and just seeing her is a pleasure. :GroupHug:

I am so sorry :(

:GroupHug: for you all.

We have had a few cancer cases here and this is what we have done re supplementation and diet.

Our old Bridge girl Blackberry, had aggressive cancer in one of her mammary glands and following surgery she was given 8-12 weeks at the most as the vet said it would spread to her lungs very quickly. She lived for 14 months and her quality of life was excellent up to her last 2 weeks. We have used this regime with others and I know it has helped them, some more than others.

Manuka Honey is good for the immune system and they seem to enjoy it. We use the 10UMF strength.

An organic diet is very important and with vegetables included if Rosie will eat them. No salt or refined sugar at all if you can help it.

Here are the links and I hope they will be useful. Please read Zara's story also :)

Spirulina

Flaxseed Oil

Zara's Tea

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

ETA, on the CHC website look under 'feeding' to find the Flax Oil info'

Edited by Houndwoman

I'm so sorry to hear this. I have stood where you are now standing and understand the enormity of what you are facing. There is nothing which can be said which will take away your pain and your fear, except enjoying every moment you have with her and making memories to look back on.

Thinking of you.

Diane and Mya