UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - October 2008

Wendbert

Morag, very sorry to hear the news about your aunt :GroupHug:

Have received a phone call from the inlaws. As you know I'm very close to them. Dad in law has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Had an MRI scan. Has to have a bone test and an operation following that some time soon. They've been told he'll be out of hospital by Xmas. We're all going to try and keep positive about it. We're hoping it's contained to that one area and once removed he'll be fine. Dad in law in typical style said to Martyn "No point me worrying. I'm only going to die the once". He did tell Martyn to go get himself checked out. He's only in his 60's. What is it about his family. We lost his brother this year.

Sorry to hear that Michelle :( There are similar concerns for the men in Rob's family, worrying isn't it. Will keep you all in my thoughts :GroupHug:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I keep saying at work,if it wasn't for people my job would be so much more straightforward

I'll second that :flowers:

Im ok thanks mate, just got a chill I think. That will teach me to stand out in the cold with no coat on with the pup. :rolleyes:

You need to get some thermals if you're going to be out poopie watching :wink:

:( Keira is now under the bed. I have put the radio on and her Ttouch wrap is also now on-poor girlie

:GroupHug: for Keira

Have received a phone call from the inlaws. As you know I'm very close to them. Dad in law has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Had an MRI scan. Has to have a bone test and an operation following that some time soon. They've been told he'll be out of hospital by Xmas. We're all going to try and keep positive about it. We're hoping it's contained to that one area and once removed he'll be fine. Dad in law in typical style said to Martyn "No point me worrying. I'm only going to die the once". He did tell Martyn to go get himself checked out. He's only in his 60's. What is it about his family. We lost his brother this year.

Oh no, :( here's hoping the op will get rid of it once and for all. :flowers:

I'm hoping that Wiggle and Sir H will be ok with the fireworks and noise. So far, they've been ok and at the weekend at Jason's, there were loads of fireworks :wacko: Wiggle looked up but went back to sleep, Sir H refused to acknowledge their existance :laugh:

Thankfully this year I'll be home in the evenings this week. After last year when Dolly attacked the stairs :mecry: :wub:

:GroupHug: Morag - I'm sorry about your aunt :flowers:

I hope it wasn't Kevin at the sorting office :GroupHug:

It wasn't :flowers: The postman arrived with his casket just as I was about to leave for the sorting office :mecry: He's currently sitting halfway up the stairs as he always did :wub:

I am so sorry to hear this, Michelle :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I've now completed Jacob's christmas present shopping :biggrin: I have sorted lots of stuff in the downstairs of the house today and unpacked the 4 big boxes that were still residing under the stairs :biggrin: I have been shopping with my mum :biggrin: I have painted the first coat on the toilet and bathroom walls :biggrin:

I am now going to eat pasta before painting on the second - and final - coat :biggrin:

Mischief night in Liverpool tonight! I've already had my windows egged but I got off lightly. A woman on the other side of the road has had her back windscreen smashed. 2nd time in for 10 years I've had any trouble, my road is usually very quiet!

I just managed to get Flynn clipped on his lead before a firework went off yesterday at 4.30!!! ffs. Hun and Polly are ok with fireworks and just bark in excitement. Flynn and Izzy just dive for cover - which at the time was under the car.

So far tonight we havent had any blasted fireworks but have had two thunderclaps and quite a bit of lightning. Needless to say tonights walk was quick round the block and home.

I hate this time of year :mecry:

Am going through exactly the same thing with dad, and his MRI and CT scans showed it was contained to the one area. Sadly dads heart condition rules out any operations so he is on the tabletts - injections- radiotherapy route for the next 6 months. The consultant at warrington seemed very positive that if it hadnt spread further than surrounding soft tissue, there was a good chance of beating it, so fingers crossed for a similar outcome for you pa in law :flowers:

:GroupHug: Sending good thoughts for your father in law.

:GroupHug: for Helly's Dad also

:GroupHug:

As its Halloween tomorrow and I'll be here at work, I shall be putting this poster up in my front window and hope that the dogs aren't disturbed too much :rolleyes:

That poster is a good idea.

Have got a couple of Bichons booked in over the next couple of weeks :biggrin:

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Marion (Yantan)?

We're back up in the Lakes from Sat next week and were hoping to fix up a meet with her and the doglets.

I exchanged texts with Marion a few weeks back and she was fine, just taking a break from the t'internet for a while :flowers:

And if you've got any useful info for me and my thread about the Lakes, I'd be very grateful :biggrin: :flowers:

I exchanged texts with Marion a few weeks back and she was fine, just taking a break from the t'internet for a while :flowers:

And if you've got any useful info for me and my thread about the Lakes, I'd be very grateful :biggrin: :flowers:

Will did out some places we like to go and post later! Would you mind letting me have Marion's mobile no? One thing I'd definitely recommend is a walk with her and the gang if you get time!