UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - October 2008

Wendbert

Have been to visit Rob's Granddad at the hospice. It's a very calm environment and the nurses are lovely. It's very sad he has to be there, but he's certainly in good hands. We took M-M and she was fab.

I really enjoyed my time nursing in the hospice at it was the one time I felt I had the time to give patients the proper time and care they deserved.I'm sorry Rob's Granddad has to be there,I'm sure they will give him the time and respect he deserves :flowers: Isn't it fab that you can take M-M in too :wub:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrea, really sorry to hear Janet's back in hospital :(

Melf, will send Reiki for Henry - have you got a photo :flowers:

Hope your dad's op goes well Karen :flowers:

Good boys Bracken and Scooby :wub:

Have been to visit Rob's Granddad at the hospice. It's a very calm environment and the nurses are lovely. It's very sad he has to be there, but he's certainly in good hands. We took M-M and she was fab.

I am watching Wedding Daze and think I need wine.

I have been rolling about laughing at one of my rotties archie. Im very self amusing (living alone has this effect on me) but i have spent ages trying to teach archie to do high five. He is forever offering his paws to people even though he hates them being touched, so i thought a high five slap and release might be less risky. Having nearly perfected it all week, he just climbed onto my sofa looking at me, so i held my hand up and said ' high five archie' at which point he looked at me like i was totally barmy, gave me that feck off look and walked out of the room.

I have been rolling about laughing at one of my rotties archie. Im very self amusing (living alone has this effect on me) but i have spent ages trying to teach archie to do high five. He is forever offering his paws to people even though he hates them being touched, so i thought a high five slap and release might be less risky. Having nearly perfected it all week, he just climbed onto my sofa looking at me, so i held my hand up and said ' high five archie' at which point he looked at me like i was totally barmy, gave me that feck off look and walked out of the room.

See you need a webcam for moments like this :D Good old Archie :laugh:

Oh Archie :laugh: :wub: I try and do that with Fergus. Think he's got and then he seems to forget. He does slap me in the face on the odd occasion. :rolleyes: Hope the Vodka helps :GroupHug:

Sorry to hear Janet is back in hospital. :GroupHug:

How brilliant that M-M can visit Rob's grandad. The staff in hospices are fantastic and really caring. :GroupHug:

Good to see you here T. Hope you're not doing so badly. Have been thinking of you. :flowers:

Edited by Jacobean

Hi everyone, I've not been about a while.

OH and I split up a couple of months ago so I'm in the middle of sorting out all the associated "stuff"

Hope you are all doing ok, I'll try and catch up a little over the next few days.

Hi Theresa, I'm really sorry to hear that :GroupHug: Hope things become less stressful for you soon - keep in touch and let us know how you're doing :flowers:

How brilliant that M-M can visit Rob's grandad. The staff in hospices are fantastic and really caring. :GroupHug:

Yes they are really lovely people. I got told by one that I had to make sure we saw one of the other ladies before we left! :) I'm sure the hospital staff were fab too, it's just such a different environment, so much faster paced and you don't want to get in anyone's way.

Hi everyone,'ve not been about a while.

OH and I split up a couple of months ago so I'm in the middle of sorting out all the associated "stuff"

Hope you are all doing ok, I'll try and catch up a little over the next few days.

Hi Teresa :wavey:

Sorry you've had a rough time :flowers: Hope things are getting easier.

Hi everyone, I've not been about a while.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Theresa. You take care of yourself :GroupHug: