UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Introducing The Most Gorgeous Kittens Ever.

phoebejo

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm soooooooooo tired and that was only the first night :mecry: I'll get used to it :rolleyes:

They're taking forever to feed because Jelly and Egg are in their 'leave me alone I want to die' mood and being the cruel mummy I am I'm taking no notice and keep shoving milk into them regardless. They don't show any interest in sucking so I have to drop milk into their screaming gobs. They can swallow, they're not that weak, they just don't want to feed. This phase usually lasts a few days before they admit defeat and do as they're told. I make sure they have 3mls at every feed, and considering a medicine spoon holds only 5mls you can see just what a tiny amount of milk it is. It's enough for them to live on at least. Spud feeds well and Piglet/Spam carries on being the greediest of little piggies :wub: He takes a couple of minutes to feed as opposed to Jelly who takes about 10 - 12 minutes. I'm spending about half an hour feeding and toileting them before starting again two hours later :rolleyes:

Would it be easier to use a dropper fingy instead of a spoon? (Like a small baster fingy!! :rolleyes: :biggrin: ) Just an idea.

How cute are they? :wub: I don't envy you the night time feeding, well done, I'm not surprised you're tired. When I see cute little kittens I get the temptation to have another cat but it really won't work. Once my two old boys are gone we won't be getting anymore, not that I'm wishing mine gone but then again I think that if we had a kitten then she/he could learn to travel to France with the hounds............no, not a good idea.

I feed them with syringes (minus the needle obviously). If they want to they can suck the milk otherwise I can drop it into their mouths. I've tried droppers and bottles previously and just given up. With kittens this tiny I need to be in control of their milk intake, I need to make sure they're getting at least the bare minimum to survive and by using 1ml syringes (or 2mls in the case of greedy guts) I can measure it exactly. If it was purely left up to Jelly & Egg how much milk they had they'd be dead now, I am in effect forcing them to live because I know best basically. They hate me for it but Jelly at least sucked 0.5mls of her last feed so she's getting the hang of it.

I feed them with syringes (minus the needle obviously). If they want to they can suck the milk otherwise I can drop it into their mouths. I've tried droppers and bottles previously and just given up. With kittens this tiny I need to be in control of their milk intake, I need to make sure they're getting at least the bare minimum to survive and by using 1ml syringes (or 2mls in the case of greedy guts) I can measure it exactly. If it was purely left up to Jelly & Egg how much milk they had they'd be dead now, I am in effect forcing them to live because I know best basically. They hate me for it but Jelly at least sucked 0.5mls of her last feed so she's getting the hang of it.

aw :wub: :mecry: :wub:

I know you know best, they will learn slowly :wub:

Has Mummy been seen yet??