UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

If You've Got Any Positive Thoughts

Katiebob

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. :flowers:

Bobby is getting around (in his normal wobbly fashion) but I may look into hydrotherapy treatment for him. Unfortunately the local pool has closed and I need to work out how feasible it is to get him for regular treatment at a pool further away bearing in mind my own work commitments.

Someone on another forum has also mentioned 'Bowen Treatment' which I may also investigate.

As far as wheels go, I'm afraid it's just not something I could contemplate for one of my own dogs. I'm more than happy for others to use them but, for one thing I think it would be a nightmare for him here with another 11 dogs milling around - and I don't think it would be good prolonging his life that way. That's just my opinion about my own dogs - I have no issue at all with others using them :) Bobby is just very wobbly at the moment - not incontinent in anyway so I'm hoping that he's got months, if not a year still but I'll take it all day by day, week by week.

Gemma, on the other hand, is bright as a button and if it weren't for me staring at the scan and seeing what the vet was talking about, I wouldn't have believed him :laugh: I'm hopeful that either what he saw wasn't as sinister as he thought or that she's always had whatever it is and there's not a problem :rolleyes: I'll let you know later on Wednesday.

Thanks again for all your positive thoughts - I'm sure they will be helping my little ones.

:flowers: :flowers:

Hi Katiebob, have you tried the homeopathic remedy Hypericum for Bobby. This is a great remedy for issues with nerves and spinal problems. I used it on my own dog when he had a disc problem. Alternatively, Mag Phos may help if there is pressure on the spinal cord, again I gave this to Barty prior to having surgery to relieve pressure on the spinal cord.

HTH

Anne