UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dolly Has Gone To The Bridge

Sherlock Bones

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendy :GroupHug:

So sorry to have missed this, my heart goes out to you, not just for Dolly but for all of your babies :mecry:

She loved you 'as big as the world' and no one can take that from you x

Keep your chin up, there's an extra special bright star in the sky watching over you until you meet again at the Bridge. :GroupHug:

Thank you :flowers:

On Friday Davina, the vet who carried out Dolly's operation, phoned me after hearing the sad news. She was shocked and said that if there had been any signs at all that Dolly wouldn't have made it, she wouldn't have been sent home. After I had explained how quiet Dolly had been on the Thursday night, Davina said that even if I had called and asked her advice, she would have said that Dolly was worn out from the operation and having been in at the vets and to just keep an eye on her and see how she was in the morning.

It's possible that Dolly had a blood clot but could also have been that her body went into shock after the operation and just gave up on her :(

I'll never know and it doesn't change anything. I just wish my little girl had longer than her 7 years, especially after the first 6 years being spent as a puppy machine :mecry:

For the first time in 4 years and 4 months I don't have a chocolate shadow by my side and that's taking a lot of getting used to....

Oh Wendy, I really wish I could say something to lessen your pain :( :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I am so sorry that you didn't have longer with her - but I am very, very glad for her that she had that time with you, it changed her life so much for the better.

You couldn't have done anything differently, you did absolutely everything you could for Dolly with her very best interests at heart :GroupHug:

Thanks Ange :flowers:

I've just spoken to Alison, the vet who worked with Davina. She had the results from the mass - it was a benign tumour of smooth muscle that had been growing out of the esophagus wall. She said it was a rare type of tumour and would have kept on growing if it hadn't been removed until it eventually blocked her airway completely and starting pressing against her heart and lungs.

:(