UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Counting My Blessings

dirtychicken

I've been struggling a bit again for the last few days and have been trying to keep my head down a bit (still been thinking of you all though :GroupHug: ). I am just amazed at how wonderful my friends and family are though and how they step up to provide the support I need, just when I need it without my saying anything at all :mecry: :wub:

Yesterday, the postman brought a very special gift from Loobie that made me cry. I know that Loobie has enough worries of her own with her family but she is so very generous in every way - especially her kindness - and I was honoured to witness that radiating recently to every one of her friends that lands in any form of strife. For a while, we lost touch and that has been a huge regret to me, but now I just feel blessed to count her as my friend :GroupHug: :flowers:

Today, the postman brought some very special gifts and an even more special card from Wendy that made me cry. You all know just how much worry Wendy has in her life at the moment and I am just so very touched that in the midst of all that she has going on, she still thought of me. Again, I feel blessed to count her as my friend :GroupHug: :flowers:

My mum popped in for a visit yesterday to ask how I was. I'd phoned her about 10 minutes beforehand to explain that I wasn't feeling great, but she wasn't home. She came to visit anyway - on a whim. I don't often tell her how bad things are because she worries so much about me, but I told her yesterday. This morning, an envelope popped through my door with money in for gas and electricity so that we wouldn't have to think twice about whether to put the heating on through the winter. I've also just discovered that she's paid some money into my bank so that we can get some shopping in :mecry: The whole mess with Wales was so hard on all of us and I think that I was so wrapped up in what was directly happening to my little family, that I didn't really stop to think how it was affecting my mum. There have been times when I've wished we'd been able to stay in Llanelli because the location itself was just so lovely and perfectly suited to us, but seeing my mum's face light up when we decide to just stop by for a cup of tea reassures me that coming back to Bristol was the right thing to do. My dad has spent the last 2 weeks working every single night on my car to try and get it going again and to save me as much money as he possibly can. He sat crying 2 nights ago because he hadn't been able to fix it yet and was worried that it wasn't going to be salvageable, but knew that I don't have the money to buy a new one (we tend not to tell him about any transactions between myself and my grandparents :rolleyes: ). This man is finally the father that I wish I'd had all my life, but am happy to acknowledge now that this change has come about because of what we had to endure in Wales. I am blessed to have the amazing parents that I have :GroupHug: :flowers:

And so on those thoughts, I am going to attempt to remove my head from my arse, hug my kids, hug my dogs and just be thankful :wub:

I have no idea what has happened to you in the past but didn't want to read this without replying.

The love and support of family and friends will always help to get you through. I have been through some tough times in the past and I wouldn't have coped without my mother. She was and still is my rock. I love her dearly and would be totally lost without her. My OH is wonderful too but there is just some things you prefer to talk to your Mammy about.

Having these people in your life is what helps and the things they do for you, no matter how small, will make you laugh or cry with gratitude and, as you have stated yourself, make you count your blessings.

I hope life keeps getting better for your Sarah :GroupHug: I get the impression that you would jump in to help anyone you could also :flowers:

That's a lovely post Sarah. I know very well it's all too easy to get dragged down by what's happening, and even easier to forget those around you.

I believe 100% that you get back what you give in life, so the fact you have such wonderful family and friends just goes to show you deserve them. :flowers: :flowers:

What a lovely post Sarah! :flowers: Just reading it has made me smile and feel more positive all of a sudden. Like other people have already said: you must have the love and support of your family and friends because you readily give out love and support whenever it's needed. You can count that blessing too! :wink: