UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Himself Aka Brummie Has Gone To The Bridge.

Kathyw

OMG Kathy I am so sorry! :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Sweet dreams little Brummie, knowing how much you were loved :wub:

Brummie Himself could not have wished for a better retirement home Kathy - I'm sure he already thought he'd landed in heaven when he came through your door :flowers: <- couldn't think of a better icon, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone for your very kind words.

I have tried three or four times to reply but just couldn't - westill cannot believe it.

It was such a shock.

Himself was poorly yesterday, he didn't eat and that was a sure sign, I intended to take him to the vets today to be checked over. I thought it may be the Previox - then late last night he took a downhill slide. Dale said to try the previcox but if it didn;t work then the cause would not be pain and could be neurological.

I held him on my knees (he hated being held) front paws on on knee and back end on other knee so that his tummy was not leaning on anything (baby with colic type thing) and he just laid there while I rubbed his tummy - he went to sleep but as soon as I laid him down on a bed he got up and laid on the floor.

I stayed up till gone 3am in case he livened up wanted something to eat.

When I came down 4/5 hours later he had only moved inches and was (I thought) asleep. Then I saw he had weed and pood himself and was laying in it. I wrapped him up and as I picked him up his head just flopped. His heart was beating and we took him to the vets. I realise now he was aready gone to all intents and purposes.

Dale said he could put him on a drip and do blood tests ect but the fat that Dale could touch him and Himself just lay there told the story.

Dale said that the sitting down, the going round in circles which Himself had been doing for the last week but only now and then, were probably minor strokes and in the early hours the massive one struck.

We came home to a very quiet house - the silence was deafening. Elsa and CB were here but they are quiet dogs. Elsa doesn't seem to care but CB is very quiet.

We had the pleasure of Himself for nine months and one day but the impact of his presence was as if he had been here all his life.

I just always thought we would have him for a couple of years - he was, until recently, so robust.

It was so quick that we cannot take it in.

He was 16 when he came into the Oldies Club care early last summer so that would make hime 17 now or as SueB said he could have been nearly 17 when he came in so that would make him 18 now.

I wanted more time.

I am also supposed to be picking up a playpen and stairgate (came together) from a freecycle lady, on friday.

We want to say the biggest THANK YOU ever to the Oldies Club for letting us have the pleasure of Himself's company.

He made us laugh with his antics and his bulldozer attitude and frustrate us in the early hours when he got one of us up because he wanted company and then promptly fell alseep once we were wide awake.

Our home is the poorer for his loss.

Run free my ickle man - we miss you already and our hearts are missing chunks.

Edited by Kathyw

Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear that himself has left for the Bridge.

All our animal companions are special, but some are very special and himself is one of those. For some reason the demanding ones attach themselves to our hearts very quickly and very tightly, perhaps because they are so decisive about what they want and so knowlegeable about how to get it.

Brummie will live on in the memories of many people, his antics are the stuff of legends.

I wish you could have had the time you wanted, I know only too well how you feel, as will many people here who have had the privilege of sharing their lives with an oldie.

:GroupHug: For you and Ray

Behave yourself at the Bridge, Brummie (though somehow I doubt you will :rolleyes: )

:GroupHug:for you and Ray Kathy. We spoke yesterday and I will repeat what I said then. Brummie could not have had a better home or be more loved than he was with you. He had you right under his paw and was spoiled rotten bless him. I know you will both miss him so much but he has gone knowing that he was loved and cherished.

Sleep peacefully Brummie.x