UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2 Years Ago Today

2 years ago today I was sitting on a plane on my own heading to Sri Lanka for the first time for a 2 months stay , I had never flown that long on my own ( hate flying ) or lived away from Mark and Aisling before or ever visited a developing country let alone lived in one with a bunch of strangers

I had been made redundant and was hurting in ways I can't even begin to explain for reasons I have no words for even now

looking back its so hard to belive that in 731 days I have

started Dogstar

started my own business

started training to be a Mahout and studying elephant management

started Orion Housing

started to write a book

( really need to start finishing some stuff don't I ? :laugh: )

along the way I have lost some friends but gained a whole heap of new ones including Chandanna and Rani and having a mate with an elephant is always a cool thing

I have learnt loads of things some of which may even make it into that book and now have a Sri Lanka family and even my own room !

I would like to thank each and every one of you who have supported me on this amazing journey :flowers:

Heres to the next 731 days :beerchug:

Dear god Sam I knew what you had achieved was immence but to see it listed is mindblowing :ohmy:

you are such a special person, you have affected and improved so many peoples and animals lives

I raise my hat to you and send you many many :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

That just about sums up what I wanted to say :biggrin:

I think all of you Squirrels are very selfless, special people and the world is a better place for you all being in it :flowers: :flowers: