UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dwain Chambers

Tobleronie

I don't think a lifetime ban but it is the rules that although you can start competing again after, I think, two years - you cannot compete in the olympics.

He was fully aware of the rules but chose to take a chance so I think the decision is the right one.

Also the message being given to future olympic hopefuls is a positive one.

Had he been allowed to change the rules then maybe others would take chances in the future with drugs.

i think he has been banned long enough. no to a lifetime ban

He's not got a lifetime ban in athletics he finished serving his ban a few years ago and is allowed to run at other events, just not at the Olympics, because the British Olympic Association have taken a stand and said no one who has been caught out with drugs will be selected for the Olympic team ever. So he is allowed to 'earn' as an athelete. No one in the team wants him there, it's why Darren Campbell refused to do a lap of honour with him when they won the relay at the European championships a couple of years ago when he came back after his ban.

Lots other countries don't take the same stance and will select atheletes for the Olympics who have served bans.

He cheated, he got caught, he shouldn't be allowed to compete in the Olympics.

Another agreement from me.He knew the rules and knew the chances he was taking so was fully aware of the risk he was taking.

Spot on.

Another one in agreement with the ruling.

He knew exactly what he was doing. Pity he cheated in the first place, cos he is probably running better now than he ever has done.

He's not got a lifetime ban in athletics he finished serving his ban a few years ago and is allowed to run at other events, just not at the Olympics, because the British Olympic Association have taken a stand and said no one who has been caught out with drugs will be selected for the Olympic team ever. So he is allowed to 'earn' as an athelete. No one in the team wants him there, it's why Darren Campbell refused to do a lap of honour with him when they won the relay at the European championships a couple of years ago when he came back after his ban.

Lots other countries don't take the same stance and will select atheletes for the Olympics who have served bans.

To ban him from athletics for life would be wrong. No matter how far a person goes don the wrong road, they should be given an opportuinity to reform.

However, the rule was in place when he cheated, he knew the risks and took them anyway.

He knew what the penilty would be when he took the drugs, they haven't changed, he took the risk and is now squealing he has been caught. Why should the rules be changed because he was caught.

I would have been very disappointed if they had allowed him to go, by giving in to him it would have sent the wrong message to others.