UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feebee

silke

Hello :rolleyes:

First of all, apologies I haven't posted anything for so long - and so much has happened since I last wrote. I'm not sure how many of you know about FeeBee's story, the lovely 14-year-old Collie Retriever X girl who arrived with me as a foster back in February.

After only a few weeks she fell very ill with a high temperature that just wouldn't come down. After three days at the vets on a drip and no improvement, things were looking very bleak, and she was basically given until the next morning... I was devastated as you can imagine, and I don't think I would have survived these horrible days without Cindy, whose support was just incredible! -- As a last resort, the vet decided to give her steroids, and a miracle happened: at 11pm a very excited vet nurse rang me, saying the temperature had started to go down!! And by the morning it was back to normal.

The vet suspects it's some kind of auto-immune disease, and although the steroids have given her a new lease of life, she will have to be closely monitored by the vet for the rest of her life. We are currently trying to wean her off the steroids, but there is a possibility that the temperature will come back once treatment is stopped. The Oldies Club have therefore decided not to rehome her, and this lovely, beautiful, adorable girl will stay with me for the rest of her life :wub:

I can't tell you how grateful I am to the Oldies Club for making it possible for her to stay with me, as on my own I would never be able to afford her sky-high vet bills. Fee is very grateful too as she has settled in with us very well, and we have in the meantime moved to a lovely little flat right by the river, which she absolutley loves, as you can see in the pictures I've posted below. She's like a different dog, she thoroughly enjoys life and loves nothing more than chasing after a ball!

Isn't she just gorgeous?

gallery_3473_140_7571.jpg

Her favourite spot by the river:

gallery_3473_140_72676.jpg

We found she has some hobbies we didn't know about:

gallery_3473_140_50179.jpg

gallery_3473_140_31960.jpg

gallery_3473_140_45255.jpg

Visiting Meg (my previous foster) in her beautiful new home:

gallery_3473_140_8107.jpg

FeeBee is now an Oldies Club Sponsor Dog. If you would like to help us looking after her, please read about the Sponsor Scheme here: http://www.oldies.org.uk/?page_id=379. We would be extremely grateful for any support!

:flowers: