UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What's Going On With Me

dirtychicken

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you have a very good doctor there who I am sure will pass your case over to her colleagues well. They will look after you.

Interesting to hear her separate depression from anxiety, as mixing the two is a common misunderstanding. I was treated for anxiety as well as depression, and it is certainly very treatable.

You did really well - give yourself a big pat on the back :flowers:

Im very glad that you got on well with the doc. Again, as I said before, you coming on here and telling all and sundry about it is a major step. You're very brave.

Enjoy your holiday and try to just relax and take it easy :GroupHug:

Glad you had a good visit with the doctor and sounds like you got a good one. Its very easy for doctors to see everything as a stress or mental health problem and not look for physical reasons as well. At the very least doing the tests excludes physical problems. The other thing that it might be is the effects of a virus. I had that a good number of years ago and amazing how it can knock you for six physically and mentally. I think we all tend to push ourselves to keep going and struggle on for ages and the body and mind finally get to a point where enough is enough and you reach burnout. Liklihood is its a combination of physical and stress / psychological issues. If things are generally difficult in life then physical things tend to take a greater toll on us and we dont recover so well and eventually we cant cope anymore. You've done the hardest part by going to the doctor. Hopefully the next one you get will be just as good. If they're not though dont let it get you down and ask to see another doctor in the practice that you are happy with. You really need the support of somebody good. Just keep telling yourself you are worth the very best and dont be too tough on yourself. At times like this you need to be selfish and put yourself and your health needs first. Things can only get better but will need time to get there