UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What's Going On With Me

dirtychicken

:GroupHug: Sarah please print out what you have just written and take it to your GP to show her/him just how much this is affecting you - and please stress the loss of memory and confusing your words as well - without mentioning depression,this needs to be checked out.Take care of yourself :GroupHug:

That makes sense :flowers:

Sarah, lots of love and good thoughts for you :GroupHug: :GroupHug: I do hope you feel brighter soon

Kazz xx

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for explaining, Sarah, cos we were concerned about you :GroupHug:

What you describe is a common characteristic of extreme stress over a long period. My mother had a similar thing at one point, and became unable to spell or write clearly. It did go away after a while and she had no further recurrence.

I have been affected strangely by recent stress - I have become unable to watch television :rolleyes: I never watched it that much but used to enjoy some programmes, but it now does my head in completely. I can't even watch a bunch of meerkats having fun. 5 minutes of watching anything starts to get me confuddled, and I get upset at people being in my house in a box as it feels really intrusive. I can read to my heart's content, I can listen to a bit of radio but not plays or stories, but TV aargh!! If I didn't know it was a result of stress and trauma I would be very concerned as it is so weird. It's quite illogical. I'm just very, very lucky it is something which doesn't involve anyone other than me.

Hang in there, it will sort itself out in time and hopefully you can get a bit of help. :flowers:

You held everything together so well for so long, getting your household out of that impossible situation and safely back to Bristol, but stuff catches up.

I have been in the place you are now. Its scary and really hard. :GroupHug: I suggest you keep coming to the board even if its just to look and not respond, it will keep you feeling part of the community here. It is good you are seeking professioanl help. :) It mustve taken you some time to put this post together and the people who have been missing you will appreciate that. I do not know many people on here as I post so infrequently but I can understand what you are going through now and wish you to know that you are not abnormal or a failure in any way. It will get better and it will take as long as it takes but do not lose faith in the fact that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Sarah, it is really nice to hear from you as a lot of us were getting concerned by your absence.

You have been through such a lot in the last 12 months and coped really well. It is often when you have resolved huge problems etc that all the stress actually hits you physically, mentally and emotionally.

Firstly give yourself time - to grieve, to adjust, to cry, to shout.

Secondly go to see your GP - tell them how you're feeling now (print out what you have written on here if it is easier than trying to explain it all again). They should be able to give you some help.

Finally, fugees are a really wonderful bunch - don't know how I would have coped this year without them - we're all here, as and when you want to talk, ask for help, rant, rave, have a hug.

Take care Sarah :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Sarah :GroupHug: I'm so glad you've posted to let us know what's happening to you - you are missed alot. I'm so sorry you're struggling, but saying it out loud (as it were) is a very good step to have taken. So many of us here have been through depression and can hand on heart say it WILL get better.

Go to your GP and have a full talk about all that you're feeling, and I agree with others you shoud print out this post and take it. The effort of discussing such an emotional issue (even when you are not struggling for the right words) often means people miss things their GP needs to here.

Best wishes for getting treatment you need and please don't feel we expect you to post or keep up - just do what is right for you.

:GroupHug: