UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Job Situation

ClazUK

Agree with mrs Tobie.

Why are you still there working for a pittance? What a waste!

There are so many things you are capable of - use your talents where they will be appreciated and rewarded.

Off soapbox and away to bed.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. The reduced shifts sounds good, it's always easier to put up with if you know you're not there long. Then you will have more time to look for something else. We used to take in foreign exchange students. They only stay for about three weeks, so by the time they start to get on your nerves, they're gone. :biggrin: ( they go out a lot too) We had some lovely ones from all over the world. :flowers:

Edited by houndzrus

I am officially a numpty. I had a brainwave late last night, something that would give me breathing space but a safety net if I couldn't find other work. So I crafted (ok, botched together) this letter:

Dear xxxx

I’m writing to see if it is feasible to have an unpaid break from work for a month or so.

I’m struggling to keep up with commitments and life at the moment and really need some time away to help me get back on top of things.

I’d appreciate some time to talk about this today, if you could fit me in.

Only xxxx isn't in today, so I gave it to zzzz, the other Line Manager who said "Ooooh I don't know. I'll ask yyyy (his manager) and see what he says. Of course he'll need to clear it with xxxx, too".

I wish I'd just handed in my bloody notice :rolleyes:

No worries, why don't you hand in this one too:

"Dear XYZ,

with regards to my letter of yesterday, would you please be so kind as to disregard this? Instead I would like to hand in my notice as from the earliest possible date.

Yours sincerely,

Mrs Claz OOOOOOk"

:wink:

I feel this would be a missed opportunity: what about :

"Dear XYZ,

It appears from your reaction to my letter of yesterday that you are sadly unable to find your bottom with both hands without the assistance of at least 2 other members of management.

This has confirmed my suspicions that you are unworthy to employ me. Please consider yourselves fired as my employers. I will not be offering you a reference, and cordially look forward to your future business failure.

Yours sincerely,

Mrs Claz OOOOOOk"

(OK, maybe not...)

Okay. Line Manager that was unable to find his own bottom with both hands without the assistance of at least 2 other members of management came back to me. It was a No. I was told I could hand my notice in and reapply for my job when I wanted to return. My notice period is ONE MONTH.

I want to spend time with my folks and my sick friend before a bloody month is up :banghead: Sought advice from a friend who thinks, in reality, that they'd not be able to do much except me blocking going back to them - like I care.

The staggering thing is:

Last week they took on 6 new staff, 2 remain

This week they took on 2 new staff, one lasted 2 hours

5 people were off sick yesterday

6 people were off sick today and 1 AWOL

The reason "Call Centres historically have a high turnover". Yeah right.

Not sure if I can be arsed to go in tomorrow to have it out with bosses bos or just disappear.

The reason "Call Centres historically have a high turnover". Yeah right.

The call centre I worked in had practices much like those you describe, including logged toilet breaks and published lists of 'failed calls' :wacko: I do think lots of call centres have a high turnover rate. Good luck, whatever you decide :flowers: