UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Job Situation

ClazUK

And how will your lodger/s feel when the *show home* turns into a student hovel at the weekends :laugh:

You're paying waaaaay too much attention to my posts, Mrs Moonboots :D

Ok, off to get out of summery frock and into something a bit more business like. Then I'm going to pay a visit to Aldi and Sainsburys. Not to shop.

Edited by ClazUK

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can advertise for lodgers for Monday to Friday, lots of people commute, or there are students who go home every weekend. Not sure where you live but as I'm just near the motorway, I put an ad on somewhere like Spare Room for Mon-Fri lodgers and got a few people interested, but things changed and I didn't go ahead with it.

I could just about tolerate a lodger if I knew they were never going to be there at the weekends. You charge pretty much the same, and are also still entitled to use their room at the weekends, say if you had friends coming for the weekend.

Aldi and Cineworld now have my CV - met the Manager at both which was nice.

Sainsburys only take online applications nowadays :rolleyes:

There is a bloke on the Spare Room site looking for Monday to Thursday nights. My age, happy to live with dogs. Have dropped him a line.

I think I'll go in tomorrow, find out what kind of notice they want, and take it from there.

Thank you for lending a Fugee ear or two :flowers:

Aldi and Cineworld now have my CV - met the Manager at both which was nice.

Sainsburys only take online applications nowadays :rolleyes:

There is a bloke on the Spare Room site looking for Monday to Thursday nights. My age, happy to live with dogs. Have dropped him a line.

I think I'll go in tomorrow, find out what kind of notice they want, and take it from there.

Thank you for lending a Fugee ear or two :flowers:

I'd be interested to hear how it goes with the lodger, might be forced to go that route myself soon :flowers:

I wouldn't want to tell anyone else to walk out of a job but it sounds a dreadful place to work. Some employers just don't seem to realise that you get out of employees what you put in and bad management makes such a difference.

Re lodgers - friends of ours started taking in lodgers after they got married/bought a house and they have had a few nurses lodging with them (only one at a time). That seems to work well as often the nurses are on different shifts and they seem to get a lot of private time - we've been to their house lots of times and never even met any of the lodgers.

Good luck :flowers:

Sounds horrendous,can't believe your loo breaks are published that's draconian.Life really is too short to be working in such miserable conditions even in today's uncertain economic climate.I have a gap of about 5 months in my CV when I left my job in London and moved to Somerset and took a break,it has never been questioned ever by any potential employer at interview :unsure: If I'm made redundant 01st July I'm off to Aldi,sadly we don't have one here but there is one in Bridgwater 15 miles away so could work part time maybe.

ETA if you decide on lodgers ask the Accomodation Officer at your local University,FE College,Hospital - all will have staff who would welcome M-F lodgings only,especially if you reduce the rent slightly

Edited by zico's mum

Can you do office work?

Only I *think* my sister's old job may be up for grabs at a local solicitors. She got upgraded to office manager.

The only shyte bits are having to work from home occasionally during the week and them giving you a shiny laptop to do it with... Like I said really shyte :wink: :laugh:

Oh and having a manager that's 23, skinny (bitch) and drinks like a fish :wacko:

Honestly, she was the milkman's :blush02:

Edited by supafrisk

Can you do office work?

Only I *think* my sister's old job may be up for grabs at a local solicitors. She got upgraded to office manager.

The only shyte bits are having to work from home occasionally during the week and them giving you a shiny laptop to do it with... Like I said really shyte :wink: :laugh:

I could handle that :laugh:

Thanks for all your wishes - I'll let you know what happens :unsure: