UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Job Situation

ClazUK

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed handed in first thing. Turns out bosses boss WAS consulted and turned down the 4 weeks unpaid leave idea. I don't think they thought I was going to do it, though.

The 1 weeks notice thing worked a dream, so thanks to MCT for that idea. They admitted they were lax on confirming probation was over and they'd had to accept the week as they'd failed to update me.

What happened after that was a bit unexpected though. I was called into a meeting room, given a letter accepting my resignation, but was then told:

My 4 weeks unpaid leave was rejected as they were worried it would set a precident.

That I was asked in for a chat as they wanted me to know I'd not burnt any bridges there

AND

They'd actively encourage me to reapply for my post when I felt ready to go back to work.

Utterly gobsmacked - it's a bit odd to find out you are valued AFTER you decide to go, but it was nice to hear.

I am jobless after next Tuesday, with options :laugh:, and it feels gooooood :biggrin:

Thanks all :liebe94:

I'm going to take a month off -

I want to see my oldest bestest mate in Cornwall who has been suffering from depression for some time. We see each other far too little and I think some time together will be good for us both.

I want to spend some time with my folks. They are both in their 70s now and the only time we get together is rushed birthday meet-ups.

I'm going to dog-sit an oldie while their mum is on holiday.

I want to finish the conservatory. It's been finished, build-wise for 3 weeks now, but it still needs a floor, blinds and paint on the walls.

THEN I will start job hunting in earnest and try to find something that deserves me :wink:

Good news Claire, its always nice to feel appreciated but do they not think that making staff feel appreciated while they are working for the company might just improve moral and lessen the staff turnover I wonder? Funny way to run a company.