UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tied To A Bench

Jimcoted

Took the two dogs for their walk on Wormwoood Scrubs this morning and heard the unmistakable sound of a GSD barking and howling. Could see him in the distance not moving so asked a woman coming down. "He's tied to the bench, vicious. I have called the police. Been there at least two hours she said. We got there and I sat on the bench talking to him. Then my mate came over and managed to fasten our lead to his collar so we could release his. Police arrived and wanted to take him to Battersea. No way said my mate, he's about 10 or 11 and will just be put to sleep" We have to take them there said the copper. I phoned GSD Welfare and Jeane told him she would accept full responsibility for him. He spoke to their control and we got him. Walking round we decided to keep him so we now have three, he is lovely, very thin, ear infection but a smashing boy as soft as a lamb.

Jim

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mecry:

He's tied to the bench, vicious. I have called the police. Been there at least two hours she said
distraught, confused maybe?

OMG what a situation and thank goodness he didn't end up at Battersea at his age. Look forward to seeing pictures of them all.

Well done :flowers: Glad the police situation didn't involve a jobsworth....

Edited by murtle

Well done :) glad he is safe.

It is very important to record details with the dog warden, to put a Found notice in the local paper and also to get him scanned for chip. It's surprising the dogs which do get stolen and dumped, sometimes quite old ones.