UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

47 Dogs In Waiting Need Your Help

cycas

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just heard that a forum called The Dog Lounge are planning an online auction. The proceeds were going to go to Bull Terrier Rescue (nominated by members) but after hearing this plea 50% will now be going to Oldies Club and 50% to Bull Terrier Welfare :biggrin:

Have just heard that a forum called The Dog Lounge are planning an online auction. The proceeds were going to go to Bull Terrier Rescue (nominated by members) but after hearing this plea 50% will now be going to Oldies Club and 50% to Bull Terrier Welfare :biggrin:

Oh my god :mecry: :mecry: That's wonderful :flowers: Amy, can you put us in touch with someone on the forum so we can say thank you please? That's just fantastic :biggrin: :mecry: :biggrin:

Do Oldies have dogs in long term Foster Care? Asking because chatting this morning to another regular dog walker she mentioned a good friend who is retired and cannot afford vets fees so after a lifetime of owning dogs is sadly now dogless and missing having one around very much.

Do Oldies have dogs in long term Foster Care? Asking because chatting this morning to another regular dog walker she mentioned a good friend who is retired and cannot afford vets fees so after a lifetime of owning dogs is sadly now dogless and missing having one around very much.

Hi

All dogs that come in to OC go to foster homes and stay as long as it takes to get a forever home, sometimes its quick but others wait a longtime for a home. All vet bills are paid by the OC while they are with their foster family, she can always give us a ring or email for further info. She sounds ideal if she has always had dogs :)

Thanks Melissa,didn't make myself clear - I meant Foster care as in staying there permanently and not being rehomed but with vets bills still being paid for - I know a few rescues do this usually for dogs with long term illness?

We do try to rehome every dog that comes into OC foster care :flowers:

Occasionally we do have a dog that we decide should remain as a foster/sponsor dog, generally to health reasons, and OC does continue to cover vet bills in that situation. We don't generally know this until the dog arrives in the foster home though and often (from memory) the foster home the dog is in opts to remain as the dog's long term foster.

So in your friend's case - they could foster for us and have vet bills covered but the dog would be up for rehoming and could move onto a new home at any time, which isn't what she is after by the sound of it. Permanent fosters/sponsor dogs are the exception :flowers:

Oh my god :mecry: :mecry: That's wonderful :flowers: Amy, can you put us in touch with someone on the forum so we can say thank you please? That's just fantastic :biggrin: :mecry: :biggrin:

I'm a member of Dog Lounge and yes the auction is going to be split between the 2 rescues. I have offered anyone ordering any of my cushions or cards I will donate 25% to the Oldies Club.

I'm a member of Dog Lounge and yes the auction is going to be split between the 2 rescues. I have offered anyone ordering any of my cushions or cards I will donate 25% to the Oldies Club.

Thank you again Michele :flowers: I shall add the info to our website shortly but have been preparing for and at a show for the OC over the w/end so haven't had a chance yet :)

That's great.

When we had our dog show last year we had them with blue or pink hearts on and they were given to all the ESSW dogs that attended, just an idea if you have a dog show any time to make your oldies stand out from the crowd, I'm sure some could be specially made.