UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

To Cher....and Everyone Else Who Knows Me Xx

wellydoodle

Hi Cher, just wanted to answer your question but it didn't seem right to do it on the lovely Sally's thread :wub: . Guess it has been a long while since I have posted on here or any other forum but I still peruse the sites regularly to try to keep up to date with any news on any of my old foster dogs or dogs that I had the honour of being involved with rehoming in my time at the OC....I've never been able to let go completely lol :rolleyes: .

It's not been an easy couple of years for me, one nasty relationship break up, coming close to losing all the dogs due to losing my home, moving twice and being so so lucky to find places to rent that allowed the menagerie to come with me. Losing three dogs through natural causes (down to six dogs,two cats and a hamster now :( ).

It hasn't been all doom and gloom though, the kids are amazing and thriving. Met a new man who (fingers crossed) is not a lying, cheating scum bag ( :D ) and expecting a baby in seven weeks. We are now stable again and the place we have movedto is fantastic for the dogs and kids. I cannot wait for the new arrival in July and see it as a fresh start for all of us.

I do miss being involved in rescue of course, it was my life for so long that it'll never be fully out of my system.......I don't think I'll be able to have the time to focus on anything other than my family (human and animal) for a good while now though. I have thought many times about taking on another rescue dog as we have so much space and the dogs we have are so uncomplicated compared to the problematic beasts we've had in the past......I really miss Wally and struggle not to search out oldie boxersthat need homes just so I can be around that amazing characteristic again, but I need to establish a routine with the baby for a time first and know that I will have the time and attention to devote to settling in a rescue with potential issues.

Well anyway, thats me in a nutshell, will post piccies of the dogs later (new man fiddles with computer all the time and I dunno what he's done with the connecter from camera to pc...most annoying but there's worse habits he could have :rolleyes: ). It would be really really lovely to hear updates from old friends (human and canine) as I am too fat to do much else than read now and just because I haven't been around doesn't mean I stopped caring about you all....and I'm generally quite nosy :D

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have found some pics in pc...a few months old but they still tell an accurate story lol...

The man mad enough to take us all on with Ty and Maisie.....

EBAY005.jpg

Damien (commonly known as Diddy these days as he is such a good boy now) ex Warrington boy but Catherine wouldn't recognise the spoilt yet soppy dog he is now......looking thrilled to model the new jumper I lovingly made for him.

Picture026.jpg

...and again on the beach with Kodie-Joe the Daxi.

Picture039.jpg

The ever-lovely Annie, now about 6 years old and being very patient with the fact that at the present time I am unable to take her on the two hour runs that she has always enjoyed....

Picture037.jpg

Emily-Lou, we think she's about eleven years old now and it never ceases to amaze me how well she copes with being blind....we still struggle..and fail to keep her weight down.....

Picture038.jpg

Penny the daxi, now aged sixteen, she has co-ordination problems with her back legs, a heart defect and breath that could kill a man at 100 paces but she does so well for her age.....

jumpers005.jpg

And Tyler the Brittany Spaniel...also ex-Warrington boy and oldies club, I think he's now about twelve or thirteen. I could write a whole book on this dog and his quirks, he is peculiar,quite often stinks to high heaven as he makes a whole career out of finding things to role in but despite all this he can win over the hardest heart and has so much character that you just have to love the bones of him......

100_0522.jpg

Hi Kelly. I was so pleased to see your name again. Congratulations on your coming event and couldn't be more delighted that your life is now happy and content.

You are very special to me and always will be because when I emailed asking if you could help a doglet of 12 years called Jack whose owner had had two bad strokes, was being moved into a facility and would unable to care for him anymore, Jack was in boarding kennels, you replied immediately. You said it's far too cold for an old chap to be in kennels however nice they are. That was on a wednesday and by the saturday you had Jack in a foster home. He was later adopted by his foster Mum's sister. I was gobsmacked by how quickly you moved to help this old chap.

You gave the help I asked for immediately and in spades, you will never know just how grateful I was and still am. You are a very special lady.

I wish you and yours happiness and joy - you deserve it.

It's really good to hear from you, Kelly, and congratulations on the imminent new minidoodle :flowers:

The dogs and the kids are looking great, please keep in touch and let us know how you are all doing :wub:

Hello Kelly! Glad to hear you are OK, but it sounds like you've had a tough time.

The photos are lovely. Your children are looking quite grown up now. :ohmy:

Take care and good luck for your new arrival. :flowers:

Hi Kelly, Its lovely to hear that everything is working our for you, I know you have had a tough few years. I will always be grateful for the oldie trailies you took and I still hear from them. Iam still re-homing Trailies and we are doing a Trailhound Funday in Norfolk on August 17th. It would be lovely to see you again if you could make it.

Eileen x

Hi Kelly, great to hear from you. :wub:

I have Snoopy poopie a Dachshund from the Oldies Club. Well he isn't a pup he is 14. :wub: I knew I'd fail (Well Laura had promised Remmie our Houndsavers foster Dachshund to Billy) It was only a matter of time I guess :rolleyes:

They all knew I'd fail before I did :laugh:

Have you seen the 6 year old Dachshund on here :D I was tempted, but Dave said no :mecry:

I did let Loobie know so she could ask Billy. :laugh:

Any how it's great to see you back, and more importantly, happy and settled. Great stuff hun. :flowers:

Kazz xx

Hi Kelly. I was so pleased to see your name again. Congratulations on your coming event and couldn't be more delighted that your life is now happy and content.

You are very special to me and always will be because when I emailed asking if you could help a doglet of 12 years called Jack whose owner had had two bad strokes, was being moved into a facility and would unable to care for him anymore, Jack was in boarding kennels, you replied immediately. You said it's far too cold for an old chap to be in kennels however nice they are. That was on a wednesday and by the saturday you had Jack in a foster home. He was later adopted by his foster Mum's sister. I was gobsmacked by how quickly you moved to help this old chap.

You gave the help I asked for immediately and in spades, you will never know just how grateful I was and still am. You are a very special lady.

I wish you and yours happiness and joy - you deserve it.

Exactly Kathy!!

Kelly was always in it for the doglets. The same as all the Oldies Club are now. :flowers:

Kazz xx

Aww, glad I haven't been forgotten after all this time.

Eileen, I will definitely try to make it to the traillie day in August, I assume it is at FAITH. I would love any news on Spot or Benny in particular as I had them with me and knew them best but also Nell and Glen updates as I think we all began to think they would never find the right home.

Thank you for all the well wishes for the arrival of 'minidoodle'......don't mind admitting I'm pretty nervous. Reeeeally excited too but can't help wondering if I'll remember how to look after a baby again, it's been nine years since the last one after all!!

Kelly :wub: :GroupHug: Ohhhh another little Doodle - how exciting! .. We're not that far apart from eachother - if you ever fancy a cuppa (and letting my girls fuss the baby!) phone me.. Always here if you need me - you know that.

I only pop in here very occasionally - so thrilled to catch your update.

Hi Kelly

Nice to see you back on your feet again and posting. :flowers:

My grandson Callum gives me an update on how you and kids are doing. He tells me that you still live near to the beach so looks like the dogs get plenty of beach walks. I still think I should have had that pom!!!

Great to hear that a another little Doodle is on it's way. Congratulations on your coming event. I am sure you will remember how to look after a baby again.

:GroupHug: to you all

Cheryl & Mike xxx