UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Loss Of A Handsome Collie

dirtychicken

He's gone. My most handsome fat collie has gone :mecry:

Last night and this morning his back legs kept shaking and making him cry in pain. In the glorious 2 and a half years that he's been part of my life I have never heard him utter a sound in pain. Certainly never cry.

I called the vets and they asked me to bring him in within the hour.

I spoke to the children and explained what might happen. They both decided that they needed to be with Bear so that he wasn't worried. We spent an hour cuddling him and stroking him and feeding him treats. Flora couldn't be parted from him - if I tried to separate them, she howled :mecry: Even Mika rubbed himself against my Bear's face as he struggled to walk in the garden :mecry:

At the vets we discovered that his poor old heart was barely beating and the symptoms were that his kidneys were failing :mecry: The vet started talking about blood works and tests and injections and pills.

My old boy deserved more respect and dignity than trying "just one more" medication that would probably make very little difference.

We let him go as we told him just how very special he has always been and how very much we loved him :mecry:

Big Bear - you have left a massive hole in our lives and we will miss you always. You were the best boy and although our hearts are breaking right now, we are so grateful that you were sent to us and that we got to have 2 and a half wonderful, fabulous years with you. Run free my handsome boy - find all the beaches and seagulls that the Bridge can offer you. Know that we loved you so very, very much :wub: :mecry:

BeachBear2.jpg

DSCF4547.jpg

Gulls5.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chook, I'm so, so sorry :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

There's nothing I can say that makes it any easier right now :( I'm just so glad I got to see Bear last week and tomorrow I'll give you a proper hug :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I hope Bumpy and Poppy have found you. Sleep tight Bear :wub: